Author Topic: For Sale: (2) Klipsch WF-35 Espresso New In Box  (Read 12122 times)

SunnyDaze

Re: For Sale: (2) Klipsch WF-35 Espresso New In Box
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 07:58:04 AM »
There are a set of Klipsch KG 5.5s on Craigslist right now in mint condition for $350. For $600, you can get JM Cobalts or Energy RC-50s on Craigslist. Drop down to $500, there are a set of KEF 104.2s. Additionally, there are two sets of Thiel CS2s on CL in the 300 dollar range.

With an asking price that is higher than what the speakers can be bought for brand new with a warranty, it's going to be a tough sale, especially in the Pittsburgh market. Throw them on NYC or DC Craigslist, you may have better luck.

Again, no one here, myself included, is trying to give you any unnecessary grief. We point out good deals as well as not-so-good deals equally. :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 08:00:07 AM by SunnyDaze »

Offline davidbachman

• FNG !!!
  • Excelsior !
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 08:08:20 AM »
And CraigsList is a bastion of veracity.

Wow.

AGAIN, NOT USED, NOT REFURBISHED, NOT MISSING PIECES

NEW

This will be the right deal for someone.  These speakers are getting to be rare and they are gorgeous and by all accounts the sound is amazing after an initial run in period.

If the asking price is not to your liking then this is not the deal for you. Kindly move along.  If you want to make an offer, please do so.
Matter flows from place to place and momentarily comes together to be you. Some people find that thought disturbing. I find the reality thrilling.
 - Richard Dawkins

SunnyDaze

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 08:09:41 AM »
When you still have them in December, I'll make you an offer.

Until then, best of luck.

Offline davidbachman

• FNG !!!
  • Excelsior !
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 08:14:25 AM »
Sarcasm much ?

Wow
Matter flows from place to place and momentarily comes together to be you. Some people find that thought disturbing. I find the reality thrilling.
 - Richard Dawkins

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 09:10:09 AM »
I think it's the general consensus that your asking price is a little steep. We've all been dabbling in audio for most of our lives, and because we generally buy second hand gear, we know a thing or two about the market. I, for instance, own a pair of Polk LSI-25's that (if you are unfamiliar) retailed for nearly $3000. I know I'm never going to see anywhere near $800 whenever I decide to sell them. Granted, they aren't new like yours, but they cost twice as much. Because your speakers are new, you can expect to get a premium used price, but because you are an owner and not a dealer, you aren't going to get new cost. Asking more than what they can be had for new shipped is crazy. If you personally would be willing to spend your asking price for your speakers, you are in a very small minority. Especially on a "vintage hifi" forum.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 09:55:48 AM »
Since you keep harping about how they are new, can we assume that you at least have a receipt with a balance of a transferable factory warranty?   How much time is left on that warranty?

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 09:59:56 AM »

If the asking price is not to your liking then this is not the deal for you. Kindly move along.  If you want to make an offer, please do so.

BTW, a guy with nine posts doesn't come on to a message board for the first time and tell the regulars with hundreds of posts to "move along".   That is rude.   People are taking time out of their days to educate you.   You should appreciate that.

Offline Reverend

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2013, 10:31:40 AM »
I'm not trying to bust your balls either.

These speakers were a low-mid level home theater speaker that they stopped making a few years ago.  To put this in perspective; It's like buying a 2011 Chevy Cobalt that has sat in your garage since new without any miles, but it's still a Chevy Cobalt.  Once you drove it off the lot, it depreciated in value.  That it is a lower model (cheaper) vehicle means that it has very minimal interest/intrinsic value which drops the price even further.  There is no way in the world that you would get what you paid for it.

I'd suggest you try ebay with a pickup only or craig's list.  Good luck on your sale.

(no offense to anyone that drives a chevy cobalt, i'm just using that as an example of a model in the chevy line)

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2013, 10:45:19 AM »
Strange thread.  I can always appreciate a new member, but the regulars offering advice based on extensive experience should not be discounted.  Every one of these regulars knows what they are taking about and any one of us would be wise to at least listen to them.  Dissing them is probably not wise for a noob.  Once you have been around a while and are in the "inner circle" you will then have the opportunity to spar a little more safely.  Incidentally, to the OP, this is not necessarily a snobby group of elitists, just a group of very passionate audiophiles that sometimes (OK maybe often) can be quite opinionated.  For me I think my stereo equipment is absolutely awesome...others may think it sucks.  It's OK, that's why there are so many models of everything.  Of course in reality my stereo really is better than everyone else's!  Come on everyone...let's feel the love

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 10:49:12 AM »
Glad I don't drive a Chevy Cobalt or I'd have to park down the street when going to the shop!  haha

Offline Reverend

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 11:02:20 AM »
Glad I don't drive a Chevy Cobalt or I'd have to park down the street when going to the shop!  haha

I was going to say Ford Fiesta but I didn't want to be a deek.   >:D

Offline davidbachman

• FNG !!!
  • Excelsior !
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, 11:23:13 AM »
Wow.

I came here because I have met Tom, he actually sold some Polk kit for me a few months ago, and I didn't want to bother him again so I just posted this myself.  Would this have all happened if Tom had posted this instead ?  (And please, I don't mean to bring Tom into this, he has nothing to do with this.)

If you want to make an offer, please do so.  If not, then please do not.  Seems pretty simple.  Don't really see how that is rude.

Trying to 'educate' when none is requested is something special.  Maybe you know more about everything, probably do, but that's not the point.  You know the old saying - everyone's got an opinion ...

I posted a simple advert for a pair of speakers.  Yes there is a receipt with the balance of the warranty available.

Why anyone felt the need to take it further and turn it into all of this is just silly.

Relax, let it go, let it pass ...

I hope someone will see, based on the market at large and the facts of what these speakers are, that the asking price is fair and that someone will buy and enjoy them.
 - Richard Dawkins

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 11:23:49 AM »
The new Ford Fiesta is a man's car.  Actually the new ones like we bought BJ are pretty nice looking.  Plus he gets about 40 mpg on the highway.  That's twice what he got with the Taurus.  We need to find a big Mexican sombrero with fringe to put on the room.

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 11:33:46 AM »
David, I agree that it's time for everyone to let this go.  One thing you have to understand, this forum is pretty much all about people offering suggestions and opinions, all with good intentions.  Please take it that way.  If you don't want the suggestions and/or opinions you can simply ignore them.  No foul.  Everyone's posts were meant with good intentions...that's just the way things work around here.  I strongly disagree with some of the opinions expressed here, but none the less I respect their intentions.  I strongly urge everyone to let this one go and move on.  Life is too short.  To the OP...welcome to the VH forum  I truly hope it's smooth sailing for you from now on.

bearjew

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 11:45:53 AM »
Rev, don't talk shit on my Ford Burrito!!!