Author Topic: looking for a new or slightly used copy of Santana Moonflower LP (vinyl)  (Read 5037 times)

OldiesButGoodies

Re: looking for a new or slightly used copy of Santana Moonflower LP (vinyl)
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 01:55:59 PM »
Yes - no DBX - record as normal, high speed....

Regards,

Pepe

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
  • Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 04:30:45 PM »
10-4 Pepe

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2013, 04:51:26 PM »
You are welcome to borrow any of my albums to record... let me know what you are looking for besides Moon Flower, and if I have it,  I'll bring it... just don't want them played on junk.. vintage or otherwise lol  that's all.. I'm picky that way... lol 

I might try and get to the shop this Saturday night the 28th if anyone is going...  so I could bring them then...  and pick them up when I leave the swap meet?

Have lots of R&R... Beatles, Zepplin, CSN&Y, Bowie, Humble Pie, etc... an OK selection of Jazz and bit of Blues and Motown... never enough... +700 to pick from... and I'm the original owner of +80%. Those from 1973 (Phillips 212) and up were all only played on some pretty decent tables and were well cared for... I have the Zepplin Mothership 5 album reissue set... and the Black Keys, Sharon Jones, the Decemberists and a few other new releases. 

Also have a few CDs if you can play / record those and I have a hard drive with over 2/3 of a terra bite of MP3s that were a complete radio station playlist ....  and I mean everything from the 50s until about 2008. Takes about 4-5 hours to copy...

I'm glad to share... 

a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2013, 06:06:00 PM »
Hey Jim,
You don't have to worry about Pepe damaging your prized records.  Ever since he taped a quarter onto the headshell the Rega tracks like a railroad train

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2013, 06:30:27 PM »
 >:D :laugh:

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 08:18:43 AM »
the worse part of that statement about nickels is that I remember doing just that on my first record player...  you know the box kind with the lid and a handle... too funny....  :laugh:  those poor albums... was learning to play guitar then so it was play the same bit over and over and over lol  Don't know what happened to some of those albums  Dave Clark 5, Willie Nelson, Ray Orboson, Hermans Hermits, Petula Clark, Dylan, the Animals, Beatles and the Stones to name a few.. lol   I still have the first few Beatles in mono though.. couldn't afford the stereo ones... 

I hope you guys understand about loaning tools and vinyl...  bad experiences loaning both lol 

The offer still goes though... If anyone wants to copy the drive with the radio station play list...... also albums/ cds ... I can bring them Saturday night or to the swap meet...
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2013, 08:56:02 AM »
I should be able to make it to the shop tonight 9/28 at some point ... should I bring the hard drive (with the playlist) and albums? I can leave them for the week...(swap meet)  Would appreciate a yea or nay....