Author Topic: Does this company ever answer phones or emails?  (Read 2260 times)

Offline woolvr

• FNG !!!
Does this company ever answer phones or emails?
« on: October 10, 2013, 02:51:10 PM »
i sent in my carver amp almost 3 weeks ago and have not gotten a response on price or anything. I have sent numerous emails and cant leave a message on there phone because mailbox is full.

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
Re: Does this company ever answer phones or emails?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 03:35:46 PM »
Try after 4 pm

bearjew

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 04:04:33 PM »
Woolvr check your PMs

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 08:58:15 PM »
Sorry to hear you are a bit frustrated (at least that is how your post read to me).  Your Carver is in the best hands, but the shop is very busy.  Like Falcon said,  try calling after 4PM.  That is when the doors open.  It is the place to go to get a Carver back to spec or better.

bearjew

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 09:23:20 PM »
Yes,the amp is here Woolvr.  It arrived while we were at Carverfest.

Sorry the mailbox is full.  We need it that way. There are valid reasons for that.   Call after 4PM Wed thru Sat. The phone gets answered when we can get to it.  It rings off the hook here. The shop is "closed" Monday and Tuesday and will only answer the phone if not busy at that moment.

This is a small shop without a receptionist to answer the phone and go through the massive amounts of email we get. If I don't answer the phone, that means I am in the middle of something. Give it another try in 5 minutes.

OCCD
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:55:33 AM by OCCD »

Offline woolvr

• FNG !!!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 09:40:41 AM »
thanks for replying. I realize you guys are busy and trust my amp will be repaired like new.

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
  • Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 03:33:14 PM »
woolvr:  The old axiom applies...any shop (or restaurant for that matter) that isn't busy is probably no good.  VHOP is a highly specialized shop doing work that is quite unique and is a dying art to a large degree.  I bought several items there including my Phase Linear 400 power amp and Carver C-5 pre-amp.  Both were heavily modified by VHOP and they perform flawlessly.  Repairing, modding and upgrading pre-amps and power amps is certainly one of their specialties.  You may have to wait a bit but you will be satisfied.  They work very closely with their customers and their customers are very loyal.  Tom is now working on modding a wooden roll top bread box for me (don't ask)!
Brad