General Banter > Audio Geek Meeting!!!

Impromptu Geek Meeting to Listen to the Infinity RS1bs

(1/4) > >>

OldiesButGoodies:
Quick meeting to listen to the Infinity RS1bs.  Bottom line:

* They sound like monkey ass on the bass side without the proper crossover
* They probably need more power than the PS Audio Delta 100's 200w at 4 ohms can muster for the bass
* The hum generated by the Grado cart combined with the Regar table is impressive
* There is some debate about how cool/uncool the oak finish looks in 2013
So I ordered a refurb Infinity crossover (that helps the bass - allegedly) and it should be here Thursday.  The passive crossovers need recap because  the poly caps have the words "Mexico" stenciled on them ( no other scientific reason offered by Tom). 

Rev brought kick ass River Current cables that at least helped the whole thing look cooler. 

I still believe the C-19 pre is not up to par but get kicked in the balls when I insinuate that.

Mark, Ed, Big Tom, Carl et al who could not make it - hope to catch you on the next one. 

The Archer revue was great. Al brought a SACD collection of Jazz at the Pawnshop.

Hell, Papabearjew made it to the meeting and shared good news about shrinking cancer tumors - that by itself was a huge success. 

Captain Tape Deek

Slim-Shaddy:
I really wish I could have been there, but family came first today. Those speakers look uber impressive. I always wanted to hear a pair (or quad). Hopefully you hang onto them long enough for me to get a chance.

Super news from PBJ!!!

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
Looking at the picture, I'm not sold on your speaker placement.   That could have something to do with the less than impressive performance.

Was an Oppo in use?   That menu looks very similar to the one in my 970.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
Yes, I forgot to say congrats to PBJ!

Slim-Shaddy:
I need to give input on your last point, Pepe. The oak is sub zero and timeless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version