General Banter > Audio Geek Meeting!!!

Audio Geeks meeting 2/1/14

(1/15) > >>

Jim Pittsburgh:
Hosting an Audio Geeks meeting at my home  Saturday night  Feb 1st...  send me a PM and I'll provide the address. I live south in McMurray/ Peters Twp.

Please bring music or media to play/ share etc ! And you are welcome to test / bring equipment to plug into system #2 ....

I have two systems; system #1 is a pretty good (IMHO) 7.2 surround sound system with a very nice ClearAudio turntable/ cartridge, a decent Technics 770 CD player and a Bluray.... it can also accept Apple media players. No additions or switch outs to this one please.... tweak away though and bring any albums, CDs, videos etc to put it through its paces! I think you'll be surprised at how musical it is and movies are just awesome.  You are welcome to roll tubes through the Jolida JD9 phono pre-amp...  Marantz SR6005, KEF mains/ center and rear surrounds, Dalquist DQ-20s for side surrounds and an HSU VTF15 subwoofer.

System#2   Have at it!...  very nice 7.1 surround sound receiver with pre-outs, an OK Thorens 318 turntable, dbx dx5 CD player and Denon 3 head cassette deck and cheap bluray player.  I've had a blast starting to build this system...  Marantz SR6007 receiver, vintage Harman Kardon Fifty main speakers and NHT SuperOne surrounds all around w/ DIY subwoofer...

I'll have a Spin Clean record cleaner set up.

Also, if you want a copy of the radio station play list (MP3 format) I have, bring a .5 gig drive... it will take a few hours to copy!

Bring something to drink if you can...  good beer is always appreciated!

I have about 700 albums and a few CDs and cassettes....

bearjew:
count me in!  i'll PM you later.  definitely bringing something to check out the clearaudio!

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
Does system 1 have DVD-A?   DTS?   I have a couple things you should hear.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
Sorry, I read system one and assumed the other would be two channel.   Does either one have DVD-A or DTS?

bmwr75:
PM sent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version