Author Topic: Anybody else into Spacemusic?  (Read 2588 times)

Offline ST-Rider

• Double Secret Probation!
Anybody else into Spacemusic?
« on: January 07, 2014, 10:50:13 AM »
Curious if anyone else here is into spacemusic. If you haven't heard of it, it's somewhere between ambient and new age, though it tends to be darker and moodier than new age. Think Brian Eno Music for Airports.

I've been a subscriber to the hos.com streaming service for a while...it's great if you're into that kind of music. $120/yr for unlimited access to every show ever, 128k stereo stream, plus ios/android apps.

Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: Anybody else into Spacemusic?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 12:45:21 PM »
Yikes!  $120 a year and only a 128kbps stream?  If you already own most of this music or any music you might want to look at hosting your own music server.  I use SubSonic which is free ($30 lifetime for the advanced version), streams 320kbps, is browser based and has apps for your phone.

http://www.subsonic.org

Offline ST-Rider

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 12:49:15 PM »
Yikes!  $120 a year and only a 128kbps stream?  If you already own most of this music or any music you might want to look at hosting your own music server.  I use SubSonic which is free ($30 lifetime for the advanced version), streams 320kbps, is browser based and has apps for your phone.

http://www.subsonic.org

Sadly, I don't own a lot of it.....it's over 1000 hours of music. I appreciate that it's a lot, but I don't mind paying to support the show so that it's more likely it continues. I like the programming of the music as well.

I will look into subsonic for the stuff i do own though, thanks.
Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 01:23:17 PM »
Makes sense, if it's a show or a podcast then it sounds like it is well worth supporting.

Offline ST-Rider

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 01:24:17 PM »
Makes sense, if it's a show or a podcast then it sounds like it is well worth supporting.

yeah, it's a syndicated show since the late 70s....mostly on npr
Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4