Author Topic: Polk RTi12s  (Read 2114 times)

OldiesButGoodies

Polk RTi12s
« on: April 23, 2014, 08:41:49 PM »
Received the RTi12s today.  The look small next to the Amazings despite being 50" tall:

Will report more on sound later, though these are for the theater (so really not optimizing their location, the Carvers have priority for that). Listening to several multichannel SACDs and watching movies.  They sound sound and definitely match the timbre of the Polk center I already had.  I have them set as large for now, feeding them 400w from the Sunfire.

Another pair of 305s in the same location (on loan from a fellow forum member).  They sound great driving the Amazings' ribbons:

>:D

Pepe

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
Re: Polk RTi12s
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 09:15:47 PM »
I love Polk's cherry veneer!  Those speakers sound great for HT.  They will not match the plats for music, but they sound very good.
Carl

OldiesButGoodies

Re: Polk RTi12s
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 08:32:52 AM »
Agree, and the Polks will be used primarily for video.  Once perfectly aligned (toe in, distance from walls,  angle of tilt,  within 0.25 of an an inch  :o) the Carvers are hard to beat.  The soundstage created by a 60" ribbon is difficult ro replicate with a dome tweeter + midrange design, IMO. 

I would like to hear how Bob's new speakers based on the Dayton PT2C driver (I assume that is what is being used) sound.  The array of 7 EMIMs in the Infinity RS1s could not match the uniformity of a single tall ribbon in the Carvers.

Regards,

Pepe