Author Topic: New Shop  (Read 7395 times)

bearjew

Re: New Shop
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 06:38:25 PM »
The new place looks great.  Seems like your bringing everything together.  I need to shoot up there sometime myself.

Yeah, he literally brought everything together... into a great big pile in a great big room :P

Offline ST-Rider

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 05:32:59 PM »
Is the repair shop open yet?

I have a carver amp that keeps shutting off...
Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 09:43:13 PM »
Finally got some time to visit the new shop.  Wow, the kitchen is to die for and the space is huge.  Nice job, Tom (I also got to help sort parts).
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 10:19:09 PM »
The new place looks great.  Seems like your bringing everything together.  I need to shoot up there sometime myself.

Yeah, he literally brought everything together... into a great big pile in a great big room :P

Well, it IS better than a great big pile in a little tiny room.

Offline schwarcw

• No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 12:40:22 AM »
The place looks great.  Tom has put a ton of hard work into the place and it shows!
Carl

Offline Reverend

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 11:38:38 AM »
Shop picnic bench system.  :laugh:  jRiver/dragonfly + carver 20 watter + Fried A/2 speakers.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 12:59:18 PM »
The garage system was sounding pretty good too.   I think it was some EPI speakers but I didn't take the time to figure out the amp and source.

Offline vstarkwell

• Bass!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 01:05:18 PM »
Hey Rev,

Any idea on when Tom & Anders will start doing repairs again?

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2014, 04:02:06 PM »
Those Fried speakers sound really good,  decent imaging and balanced,  not too bright not too bassy.  A real sleeper.   

Offline RnR

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 10:03:55 AM »
Hopin to make it out soon!

Offline Reverend

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2014, 11:57:30 AM »
Any idea on when Tom & Anders will start doing repairs again?

I believe they are doing repairs on a limited basis, Ander's was working on something on Saturday.

Offline vstarkwell

• Bass!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2014, 01:03:13 PM »
Thanks Rev!!

Bunni

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2014, 02:11:40 PM »
Anders has been limited as to what he can do over there which is why he's not there every evening.  Once things are more settled at the new shop, he can go back to a regular schedule.  I haven't seen it yet, but I'm told Tom is there doing a lot of work on the place, and sometimes without help.  Anders has no talent when it comes to construction, and wisely stays out of that part of things.

He has a day job too, and more projects than either of us care to admit going on here.  He has very little time to work on his own stuff, or do what he wants to do.  Regularly he has people wanting him to do stuff for them.   I am disabled as well, and I need some of his time to help me with things I can no longer do.  The day job and the shop normally take priority to that.  Our house is falling apart..no money or time for any of that.

Prior to the move when he was at the shop 4 nights a week, I'd only see him at dinner.  Prior to the diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes a few months ago, he often would go to the shop directly from the 1st job, eating on the way or grabbing something at the shop.  Can't do that anymore.  He'd come home around 11 pm or later from the shop and go right to bed so he could get up at 5:30 am for the day job, and he still does.

Tom sees Anders more than I do!  lol

I know there is a backlog of repair work he has to tackle as well, so don't get overly excited just yet.  Some things are on hold waiting for parts too from what I understand.  He is anxious to get the work done as well.  Wish there were more hours in the day!

Anders

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2014, 05:54:27 PM »
yeah what she said !