Author Topic: For Sale: BGW 8000 Amplifier  (Read 3519 times)

Offline AdamG

• Double Secret Probation!
For Sale: BGW 8000 Amplifier
« on: June 27, 2014, 11:12:56 AM »
I've got a BGW 8000 amplifier I'm going to put up for sale. It is a monster, at over over 40lbs with a healthy toroidal transformer. Input sensitivity is below 1.5v (1.23v) so output from a standard receiver will allow full power output. It needs a new fan installed, the previous owner had removed the 120vAC fan that was stupidly loud, and I was midway through installing a 120mm computer case fan when I accidentally gave my fan 20v instead of the 9v tap I was going to use, and it let out the magic smoke.  ::) If you want to bring a computer case fan along with you I'll install it for you.

The unit has some scratches and such, but is 100% functional. As I said, it's great for subwoofer duty. I use another BGW amplifier for my home theater subs, it never bats an eye.

The manual is also available here:  http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/bgw/8000.shtml

Basic info:
Stereo power output:
225wpc minimum into 8ohms measured at 20hz @ .05%THD
350wpc min into 4ohms @ .15% THD
Mono output:
700watts min into 8ohms @ .15% THD

Response is very flat, +0, -.25db from 20Hz to 20kHz

All the info is in the manual on hifiengine, output is page 8, all the other specs are page 9.

I'm located down in Morgantown, although someone may be able to grab the unit for you in their travels.

Asking $150. Trades for a receiver/amplifier with pretty meters may be an option.

I'll take pictures later tonight if I remember.