Author Topic: New feet!  (Read 10115 times)

OldiesButGoodies

Re: New feet!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 08:35:27 PM »
Hockeypucks?  never heard that before.  Probably because I am from Puerto Rico, where hockey is just not very popular cuz ice melts quickly.

Offline fhawk618

• FNG !!!
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 08:01:22 AM »
Back in the old days (25 years ago) when CDs skipped when you looked at them wrong, suspension was a solution. Suspending a rack from the ceiling via cables, ropes, chains, etc. seemed to provide decent isolation. Also, keeping the source devices slightly behind the soundstage helps prevent excessive vibration and feedback. Can even look cool too in that 80's sort of minimalist, industrial, halogen track lighting kind of way (well, it did back then?).
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 07:17:22 PM »
Suspending a rack from the ceiling via cables, ropes, chains, etc. seemed to provide decent isolation.
forerunner of "ACOUSTIC SUSPENSION" !!!!!    :P    :P    :P
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline dyeraudio

• FNG !!!
  • OCCD Victim
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 06:42:09 PM »
I like the vibrapods
..... Do the ball bearings on the vibracones really work? This looks real suspect for real life situations. Maybe in an enclosure. The pods look OK, but the cones?????

I am currently using Vibra-Cones under my CD player.....cost me $35 with shipping.....one of the BEST tweaks I have used...haven't had 1 skip or jitter since....and there is ALOT of traffic in my house!  >:(  Only con is any pressure on the face such as pushing any buttons will cause the unit to slide.......use the remote as much as possible....HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!   ;) ;)
CT-29V, TFM-45, SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh, PS Audio Statement cables, APC 600 Line-R, Vibra-Cones