Author Topic: 2 Lexicon DC-1 preamps...good shape....work perfect...remotes included  (Read 1914 times)

Offline BIGR

• FNG !!!
I was going to set up 2 systems...2 channel.....things changed...its complicated....they are listed on CL....dont want hassle of shipping etc.....$150 apiece.........great preamp and 5 channel htr processors.....or a cheap 2 channel with built in dac.......let me know...

SunnyDaze

Re: 2 Lexicon DC-1 preamps...good shape....work perfect...remotes included
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 06:52:36 PM »
Nice forum discount.  >:D

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 08:36:23 PM »
I have owned three of these.  They used to be great for home theater in their time,  but also work great as two channel preamps.  I am tempted to get one myself.  If you use it as a stereo pre you will be a happy camper IMO.  At this price they are hard to go wrong with.  If you use them as multi-channel preamps,  they have some of the best (read subtle, soft touch) DSP programs available,  including Logic-7,  my fav mode for music.  The last set I owned was paired with Magnepan MG-12s and a Magnepan center with NHT super zeroes for surround and and Anthem 200 x 5 amp for power.  Great sound.  And these include the remotes,  there was a time when the remotes sold for a $100 by themselves. 

OBG

Offline BIGR

• FNG !!!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 08:28:59 PM »
whaddaya say guys?..........$100 apiece..........need money for vacation..........am in sharpsburg........email me wfradke@gmail.com

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 09:20:04 PM »
I remember these preamps being very very good in stereo mode. As good as digital could get.  Better than the Sony ES2000 stuff. They are selling now for very low prices now.  I know several old analog preamps that I have paid more for that are noisier and less refined (8wof - notice I am not mentioning the elephant in the room,  the Onkyo 504, the Lexicon kills it, albeit with no phono section, but I will not bring it up here).

OBG

SunnyDaze

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 10:07:23 PM »
8wof - notice I am not mentioning the elephant in the room,  the Onkyo 504, the Lexicon kills it, albeit with no phono section, but I will not bring it up here

OBG

Thanks, but, I'll Pass like Nelson.

Best of luck with the sale!