Author Topic: FS: Tannoy System 800 Studio Monitors  (Read 1787 times)

Offline AdamG

• Double Secret Probation!
FS: Tannoy System 800 Studio Monitors
« on: September 17, 2014, 11:53:19 AM »
I'm going to list up my Tannoy System 800 Studio Monitors for sale. They're in great condition, few light marks here and there but with the textured finish you can barely tell. I don't have the original port plugs, although I made some out of black foam which do the job just fine. I'll post up high-def pictures at some point, but I don't have the camera handy at the moment. These are fantastic as studio monitors, and if you know anyone in the market for high-end passive monitors, I don't think you could do any better for anywhere near the same price. Get some concentric goodness.

I'm not that motivated to sell, as they're still in my primary listening area, and I don't have anything to replace them with for now. The price is firm at $550, Cash is king, I don't want to deal with Paypal's fees.
As always, I'm located in Morgantown and very infrequently make excursions to the Pittsburgh Area. These are smaller speakers so they will comfortable fit in any car. Delivery through a third party is possible (i.e. Pepe) but we will need to work that out.

As always, I'd be glad to demo them. I don't have them set up in a 'monitoring' fashion, although it would be easy enough to do if interested. You could bring your own amp, or I run them on my Marantz 2235b, which is a bit colored for monitoring, but great for listening.

Offline AdamG

FS: Tannoy System 800 Studio Monitors
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 10:36:44 AM »
Re-listing these for sale. Price will be $500. Only trades considered will be for small form-factor pre-amp / amps, also looking for a phono pre. One of the mini systems that were popular for a while would be great, if anyone has something.

Offline AdamG

Re: FS: Tannoy System 800 Studio Monitors
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 02:18:57 PM »
Last bump on these