Author Topic: Selling some Carver stuff... buy it  (Read 2952 times)

bearjew

Selling some Carver stuff... buy it
« on: September 24, 2014, 04:22:38 PM »
I am selling this gear.  DISCLAIMER: PRICES ARE NEGOTIABLE, so I don't want to hear anyone say anything about "oh I won't pay that much for that".  Also, I'm putting this stuff on ebay in 48 hours, so be quick!

Carver C-1

Serial Number 333.  This one actually belonged to Tom (OCCD), so he'll vouch for how badass of a preamp it is.  It has been recapped, has a modified power supply, and it's one of very few C-1's that still have a legible faceplate.  It's in great shape, and sounds incredible.  I'm sad that I must part with it, but it's time to move on to something different.  Something this good shouldn't be sitting collecting dust.  $450 OBO.

Carver M-500 (no, not the T :D)
This thing has been recapped head to toe.  After about 10 or 15 hours of play, it really opened up.  Definitely the best I've heard when it comes to an M-500.  A great amp.  Unfortunately, it's not ballsy enough to power my new speakers, so I'm forced to get something bigger.  $450 OBO

Polk Audio Monitor 5 Jr.

Decent little speakers, but I don't have a use for them anymore.  They have passive radiators, and silver coil tweeters.  I have the grills for them as well, and they're in great shape.  The speakers do not need refoamed.  Maybe they could use new speaker jacks, but that's about it.  $100 OBO

Offline treos33

• Double Secret Probation!
Re: Selling some Carver stuff... buy it
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 05:17:38 PM »
so I don't want to hear anyone say anything about "oh I won't pay that much for that". 

...says the jew
Desk:
ObjectiveDAC, Technics SL-1500 w/ Grado Black Cart -> NAD 1000 pre -> Emotiva Airmotiv 4
Bedroom:
Creek 4330R -> DefTech StudioMonitor 450
Home Theater:
Onkyo TX-NR809, Rotel RB-981 -> Boston Acoustics VR-40, VR-12 Center, Soundware surrounds, Velodyne VRP-1200

bearjew

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 07:03:05 PM »
so I don't want to hear anyone say anything about "oh I won't pay that much for that". 

...says the jew

...says the half jew

Offline AdamG

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 10:41:59 PM »
I'd love that M-500, but it's not in the cards right now. Unless you wanted to trade for those Tannoy Studio Monitors. (Need cash on top for that).

bearjew

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 06:46:08 AM »
I'd love that M-500, but it's not in the cards right now. Unless you wanted to trade for those Tannoy Studio Monitors. (Need cash on top for that).

Sorry man, not looking to trade. In need of cash right now unfortunately.

Offline BrianT

• F'n Brit Asshole!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 09:20:12 PM »
BearJew

Good luck on selling all your gear, I know you will love the Sunfire 200x7 that will be replacing it all.

See you at CF15 Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2SI integrated amp
Takatsuki 300B tubes
2 x Carver 275 Mono Block
Audience Front Row Bi wire Speaker Cables
Audience Front Row USB Cable
Audience Front Row RCA Cables
VPI Classic TurnTable (blk)
c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Auralic G2 server
B&W 803D3 (black)