The Home Theater Corner > Media

XBMC App

(1/7) > >>

OldiesButGoodies:
While I had played with the XBMC app on a jailbroken Apple TV (original) a ways back,  it did not seem that practical to me back then.  Beajew recently pointed out what the current app can do and it is impressive.  Kind of makes it worth while to hook up an HTPC as a source.  To put it concisely - almost everything you can dream of is available for streaming at a very reasonable price (free).  The app is available for Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS.  You have to go through some initial config things that can seem complex at first but are well documented in the web.  After that it is easy to use.  Any other users here?  Suggested sources to add?  (I am using icefilms)

schwarcw:
I'd like to hear more about this.  This works through the X Box I assume.  I am streaming using a Squeezebox Touch I don't think this App is useful to me.  But, I am a digital idiot compared to OBG and most others here.

MacGeek:
Carl,

I have you and probably everyone beat.  I have yet to download any tunes and have never streamed anything.  Someday......

OldiesButGoodies:
Carl...

It runs on a modded xbox (others can confirm) - this may not be the app for you unless you get a macmini as a home theater PC (or similar Windows PC) and have one of us geeks set it up - after the one time set up searching for and watching movies it is very easy.

OBG

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:

--- Quote from: OldiesButGoodies on September 28, 2014, 10:00:23 AM ---almost everything you can dream of is available for streaming at a very reasonable price (free). 

--- End quote ---

By this do you mean movies, or does this include TV shows and sporting events as well?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version