Author Topic: Warped albums???  (Read 4720 times)

Offline Rockman Rock

• Double Secret Probation!
  • How about a taxi grab.....
Re: Warped albums???
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 12:45:15 PM »
My air bearing arm tracks warps well too. The Advanced Analog MG-1 is crude compared to Rockport's and the like but is not that expensive.

http://youtu.be/YYD9CIWJELc
Salk SoundScape 8's / Audio Research Reference 3 / Bottlehead Eros Phono / Krell KSA-250 / diy Lenco w/AA MG-1 arm / diy Dual Mono Buffalo III DAC / Denon 3910 I2S/DSD out mod / SB Touch 12S out mod / diy Cinemag SUT

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 04:51:12 PM »
Very, very nice..... beats the heck out of taping dimes to the tonearm on the portable unit I had back in the 60s when I was a little kid listening to the Beatles in mono etc.... lol
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2014, 04:31:36 PM »
Ohh, Carl, you shouldn't have told us that you have one of those.   That's like being a college kid and telling all of your friends that you have a truck and enjoy helping people move!

That said, I have a live promo only record from Bruce Hornsby and The Range which is quite excellent other than a terrible curl in the first 1/4".   Even my 440 won't track that part.   I'd love to see what your toy can do for it sometime, if you're willing.

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 07:59:21 PM »
Carl, you have cool sh*t.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77