Author Topic: Someone help a brother out...  (Read 3498 times)

bearjew

Someone help a brother out...
« on: October 19, 2014, 01:59:19 PM »
Alright, so I've been keeping this off the forum for a while, but I suppose it doesn't matter anymore.  Over the last year, I have been waiting on getting my new speakers.  They are being custom built by James Sauter, the guy who is designing and building the Carver Line Sources with Bob.  In order to fund this endeavor, I sold all of my speakers and all of my amps and all of my preamps.  That's why I don't have my AL-III's anymore, or my little Polks, or my M-500 or my Magnavox 8604.  Anyway, I'm borrowing an M-1.5t from a buddy of mine, and I'm using my audio interface as my pre for now.  I bought a Sunfire TGA-7200 for the new speakers, but it is in Florida with James.  Anyway, my real point is... does anyone have a pair of speakers I can borrow until around Christmas time?  I realize that beggars can't be choosers, but I kind of need something floor standing that's not super wide.  They don't even have to be good speakers; they just have to work.  I'm willing to come pick them up, obviously.  If anyone can help me out, let me know.

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: Someone help a brother out...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 02:31:36 PM »
You are more than welcome to the Fried's again.

Offline vstarkwell

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Bass!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 02:43:47 PM »
I have a pair of EPI 100's in great shape, I also have a pair of JBL 4311's that I was planning on selling, I'm not trying to sell them to you, but I have no use for them and can sell them at some other point down the road. You're more then welcome to either or both. I could use the room.

I have some amps you can play around with too, Yamaha CA-1010, Sansui AU-717

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 03:09:12 PM »
Good luck BJ. As a last resort you could use my Infinity  3 piece system till whenever. They're not floor standing though.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 08:10:24 PM by papabearjew »

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 04:44:34 PM »
I could let you use my Klipsch Tangent 300s.   They don't have grills, so try not to poke a hole in anything.   The are definitely floor standing and not too wide.

SunnyDaze

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 08:42:13 PM »
I could let you use my Klipsch Tangent 300s.   They don't have grills, so try not to poke a hole in anything.   The are definitely floor standing and not too wide.

KLIPSCH! Your favorites, bearjew!

If you want, I have a set of Micro Acoustics FRM-1's that you can use. Solid bass. Peerless 5-tweeter array. Sealed cabinets. They like big power, too.

bearjew

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 09:53:19 PM »

KLIPSCH! Your favorites, bearjew!

If you want, I have a set of Micro Acoustics FRM-1's that you can use. Solid bass. Peerless 5-tweeter array. Sealed cabinets. They like big power, too.

Hey, those micro acoustics.  that's weird as shit.  i wanna check those out.  that tweeter...  it has me interested.

SunnyDaze

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 10:50:06 PM »
It's an array of 5 peerless tweeters.

If you want them, gimme a week to recap them first. For now they just take up space in the basement.

Plus, by the time Christmas rolls around, I'll forget they're at your place and it'll be like an amazing gift.

Dicky

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 11:03:00 PM »
Will you be recapping your car before you deliver the speakers to Bearjew as well?

SunnyDaze

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 11:04:00 PM »
There's one cap in each speaker. :) They were next on the list anyhow.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 11:21:41 PM »
BJ doesn't like Klipsch stuff?   

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 11:54:04 PM »
Or BJ you could borrow my Technics, but I'm guessing you'll just turn your nose up at that offer.

Dicky

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 12:04:20 AM »
You still have those SBL 100's?

SunnyDaze

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 01:01:09 AM »
Or BJ you could borrow my Technics...

Do this, bearjew. They will actually surprise you.

bearjew

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 07:14:03 AM »
mark, i've never been a klipsch fan; their sound never did anything for me.  nothing against them, they're just not for me.

actually, upon further investigation, i'm going to be borrowing those frieds from rev.  thanks guys.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:53:14 AM by bearjew »