Author Topic: I sent my sunfire amp in the vintage hifi 2 years ago and still dont have it  (Read 8073 times)

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
I'm already on it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 01:57:41 AM by Rest lame brats »
HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
I've tried searching the shop but havent been able to locate the unit in question.
Has anyone by chance seen Sunfire Jr plate amps in the shop anywhere?
HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
I think there were several plate amps in the garage on the right side wall shelf but I didn't notice if any of them are Jr's.

OldiesButGoodies

Sunfire Jr plate amps = unfixabe

Offline vucelick

• FNG !!!
I called ahead of time to verify that it was fixable.  Hell, at this point I just want it back to fill the hole in the side of the box so I can try to externally power it.

OldiesButGoodies

Did not mean to be too negative,  but while the plate in the Sunfire Truesub can usually be fixed,  the Jr has IC chips that, once gone, make the sub useless until you find a parts unit on ebay. So technically you could know what chip to replace  and fix,  but getting a working used chip is nearly impossible.  They were made for that sub only.  I learned this the hard way from buying one on ebay thinking it could be fixed. Eventually VHF confirmed it would be on hold until the part appeared on ebay or Craigslist. After two years of waiting I parted the sub out and moved on.

Offline vucelick

• FNG !!!
Damn. I don't suppose anyone knows the thiele parameters for the driver?