Author Topic: Updated system  (Read 3635 times)

Offline Resident

• Double Secret Probation!
Updated system
« on: June 22, 2015, 07:37:59 AM »
With the advent of new technology, I had heard some really great sounding amps.  Those being in the class D ice amp catagory.

Liked them so much I bought myself one and really couldnt be happier.

New system consists of the following.

Micromega IA-400 Integrated Amplifier

http://www.micromega-hifi.com/en/products/amplifiers/ia-400

Toshiba SD 9200 HD DVD player.  Very nice cdp dvd with a full copper chassis.  Tons of features and great sound.

http://www.stereophile.com/hirezplayers/407/

For the love of vinyl, I currently am using a Sony PS X75 turntable with an Audio Technica AT14SA cart.  Sounds wonderful to my ears.

http://www.thevintageknob.org/sony-PS-X75.html

All this being pushed through some NHT 2.9 speakers.  As much as I love those I am thinking of downsizing and going to a sub sat type system.  Using a nice pair of 2 way speakers with a good sub.  HSU, Carver or M&K.
Micromega IA-400
Toshiba SD9200 N
Sony PS X75
Mission 775
Jamo D830 Concert 8

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
Re: Updated system
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 02:03:27 PM »
Nice system...  I downsized to a sub/sat system years back...  I like my HSU sub!   >:D
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 03:43:49 PM »
Very classy system.  Every piece is cool,  and the NHTs are great speakers.  Congrats. 

I am sorry to see you do not have a reel to reel deck anywhere in there!   :police:

Offline Resident

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 07:15:30 PM »
I would love to get a nice R2R deck, even if I dont use it haha.  I have been considering one though honestly and there are a few out there to choose from.

Then that though would bring a whole other mess of things into the house for my wife to have issues with.  Thankfully though I have my own little part in the home that is mine.

As for the NHTs I do love them, they have exceptional bass and there mid and upper range sounds really well to my ears.  Only thing with them is if I have to move them around.  Not an issue at the moment, but as one gets older one thinks about having to move 90lbs speakers about.

That is the reason for a change to the sub sat system.  Ive heard one HSU sub, the VTF 15.  Man does that puppy sing, and there is enough bass if you wish to push your liver out lol.  Ive also heard the sunfire subs, very nice as well.

It is why I am currently looking for some decent 2 ways to go with my sub set up.  Really been trying to find the Jamo D830.  Just something about it I like a lot.  Also looking into the LSA 1 monitors.  I have personally heard those, they are amazing for their size and price.  Have had a look at but havent heard Sonus Faber Concertino Home.  Though at the used price for those I can get new LSA's

Micromega IA-400
Toshiba SD9200 N
Sony PS X75
Mission 775
Jamo D830 Concert 8

Offline ataudio

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 08:22:00 PM »
Class D amps are impressive.  Ive been a firm believer for several years.  They just keep getting better and better.
Best bass I've ever heard. Explosive dynamics. Endless power, smooth, liquid, and just plain fun.

You and I may be the only believers though...hehe. 

Nice set up.  I'm sure it sounds great.

Offline Resident

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 10:10:16 PM »
Yeah I never had a clue and never would have thought of getting one till someone told me.  He had a wyred4sound set up with the 460wpc monos and the stp sme pre.  Really great sounding combo.  I could not believe my ears.

They definitely are a great sounding amp and I am now a total believer.
Micromega IA-400
Toshiba SD9200 N
Sony PS X75
Mission 775
Jamo D830 Concert 8

Offline Resident

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 09:00:20 PM »
Micromega IA-400
Toshiba SD9200 N
Sony PS X75
Mission 775
Jamo D830 Concert 8

Offline RuralTom

• Audio Geek!
  • Receiving Aural Pleasure....
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 06:13:38 AM »
Nice shot!

I may get myself into a class D amp soon, I'm looking for much bigger watts than I've had in the past and by price point alone they have my attention... good to know they sound good as well.
preamp: BAT VK-5
amp: Altec 944sa
DAC:  Bel Canto 2.5
CDP: Pioneer Elite DV-47a
Intel NUC server / iFi micro iUSB3.0 / Roon
Spendor FL9

Offline Resident

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 06:34:59 PM »
Well for the price I paid on that I cant complain,  400 wpc at 4 ohms.  It doubles down form 200 wpc at 8 ohms. Remote contorl, phono input, 4 aux inputs and a sub out. 

Oh and lets not forget a 10 year warranty to boot!
Micromega IA-400
Toshiba SD9200 N
Sony PS X75
Mission 775
Jamo D830 Concert 8

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 11:52:19 PM »
Very nice Resident!  Simple and clean looking setup.  Love the Sony turntable.  I'll bet that it sounds great!  Congrats on the nice system!
Carl

Offline Resident

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 07:01:00 PM »
Thanks Carl,

Still a little more that I want to do with it though.  I bought the Sony on a whim, and was really surprised at how well it sounds.  Hopefully getting a Dynavector DV 10x3 for it.  Will need a phono pre though and that is the next addition.

Freind is lending me his tube phono pre.  Ill get to see how that goes and then decide on which way I should go with that.

The audio game has been fun, just thinking back not even 2 years ago, all I had was a Sansui AU517, MCS 6501 tt and some DCM TF400s.
Micromega IA-400
Toshiba SD9200 N
Sony PS X75
Mission 775
Jamo D830 Concert 8

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 10:34:28 PM »
A tube phono pre should make a real difference for you IMO.
Carl