The Home Theater Corner > Home Theater Video

On Switching from FIOS to Comcast

<< < (3/4) > >>

OldiesButGoodies:
Basing my comments on observation.  the 1080p setting does a hell of a lot better job than 1080i or 720p on most HC channels.  Some of the channels may streamed 1080p, some may not.  But the upconverter/scaler does one hell of  a good job up-converting.   With a 115" screen it is hard to ignore the improvement. 

OBG

Comten:
Arise dead thread! 

We switched from an X1 Infinity environ to FIOS about a month ago... Aside from the easy $50.00 month savings and improved internet, we miss the X1 interface. Remotes and guides, etc were far easier to use than what we found in FIOS - so far.  Its a learning curve.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
I agree.   I like the FIOS internet better and the Comcast TV better.

OldiesButGoodies:

--- Quote from: Comten on May 16, 2018, 07:50:09 AM ---Arise dead thread! 

We switched from an X1 Infinity environ to FIOS about a month ago... Aside from the easy $50.00 month savings and improved internet, we miss the X1 interface. Remotes and guides, etc were far easier to use than what we found in FIOS - so far.  Its a learning curve.

--- End quote ---

Yes - the X1 platform has a better UI by far.

In my case I have eliminated cable service altogether,   I get a very high-speed connection and watch live TV from apps on the Amazon Firestick and the Apple TV.  My base app is from a subscription to DirectTV now - those credentials open the door to many other apps (History channel etc.). It DVRs to the cloud. Cord cutting is not so bad once you get the hang of it (after a period of "regular cable user interface" detox that lasts about 3 weeks.  Way cheaper than cable.   

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:

--- Quote from: OldiesButGoodies on May 16, 2018, 12:55:29 PM ---Way cheaper than cable.

--- End quote ---

The problem in Penn Hills is that the b*&tards sell stand alone internet for almost as much as the whole bundle.   I'd LOVE to get high speed alone for the $50 a month or so that it should cost.   I've been dying to cut the cable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version