Author Topic: Any update on the shop?  (Read 6539 times)

Offline ST-Rider

• Double Secret Probation!
Any update on the shop?
« on: October 27, 2015, 12:29:15 PM »
Will it ever open back up???
Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4

bmwr75

Re: Any update on the shop?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 06:28:12 PM »
"Ever" is a long time.   :)

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 08:00:49 PM »
Not yet.

Offline ST-Rider

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 07:56:53 AM »
Any reason why it's so secretive ? It seems like there are a few that are "in the know" about what's going on, and there's all sorts of cryptic responses. Is it likely to open in 6 months? 1 year? 5 years? never?
Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4

bmwr75

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 09:20:50 AM »
ST-Rider, if I was you, I'd arrange a time to go pick up my stuff and be done with the shop.  My patience would have worn thin long ago.

Offline ST-Rider

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 09:35:09 AM »
Thing is, I don't even have stuff to get repaired (at the moment). I just really liked the shop as a resource to buy great audio gear at great prices, and Tom was(is) always such a good guy to deal with.

I'll be in the market for more stuff shortly, and I guess I'm just lamenting the fact that the shop is no longer a place that I can go to for browsing and buying gear.
Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4

Dicky

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 09:37:35 AM »
Maybe you should have posted a poll...

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 10:29:14 AM »
Who are there people "in the know"?   I'd like to know that myself so I can direct my questions at them.   Other than Al, I don't think anyone here has any particular inside info.   I certainly don't.

Offline Resident

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 03:30:46 PM »
I really have to agree with St rider that is the biggest thing I miss and also the chance just to get the hell away from the wife and get out of the house all night
Micromega IA-400
Toshiba SD9200 N
Sony PS X75
Mission 775
Jamo D830 Concert 8

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 03:41:34 PM »
Tom is a great guy and friend. I wish I'd have had the chance to hang out at the shop.  8)
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 05:07:56 PM »
I really have to agree with St rider that is the biggest thing I miss and also the chance just to get the hell away from the wife and get out of the house all night

Amen.  Good times at the shop every time I visited, and even a chance at some pizza,  which was often ordered after I left just to piss me off.   And how much fun it was to hook up stuff in parallel to try to blow up a victim amp. 

Anywho, I will go out on a limb here and give you my take.   The man is getting better slowly, there is no mystery - he hurt his Achilles heel while moving a gun safe,  and while recovering from that he hurt the knee on his other good leg (a common problem when you depend on one leg after using two for a bunch of years) so now he is getting *that* fixed.  Eventually he will be back,  that is my bet (if you want a number  I will say 1 year).   I don't think he will continue the same business model when he does return,  but he will return, IMO (I do not foresee Tom repairing electronics the way he did before, I speculate it will be more about upgrading/refurbishing and reselling). 

The one thing that will not change is that the pizza will be ordered after I leave the geek meeting,  just to piss me off.   ???

OBG
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 05:26:52 PM by OldiesButGoodies »

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 05:33:37 PM »
  The one thing that will not change is that the pizza will be ordered after I leave the geek meeting,  just to piss me off. 

Thanks for the laugh.
  'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 09:12:18 PM »
OBG, sometimes pizza is ordered and consumed before you get there with the empty boxes left laying around for your benefit!

bearjew

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 09:44:22 PM »
OBG, sometimes pizza is ordered and consumed before you get there with the empty boxes left laying around for your benefit!

OBG always got the slices with the extra spit  >:D

Offline schwarcw

• No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2015, 11:21:07 PM »
I'm sure there will be good times, pizza, good fun and tunes with Tom at the appropriate time.  It will happen.
Carl