Author Topic: Any update on the shop?  (Read 6540 times)

Offline viperdss

• FNG !!!
Re: Any update on the shop?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 04:00:26 AM »
I would also like to know. My equipment and money has been there for well over 1 year. At this point I would be happy to just get my stuff back but when nobody responds to email or answers the phone I doubt that will ever happen.

Anders

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2015, 09:54:52 AM »
nothing secret going on that I know of.
Life has been keeping me busy with overtime at work and the house being worked on.
Hope to someday soon finally get my stereo up and running.

Offline vf1000ride

• FNG !!!
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 10:20:14 PM »
ST-Rider, if I was you, I'd arrange a time to go pick up my stuff and be done with the shop.  My patience would have worn thin long ago.

I have been trying every outlet I can to get somebody from the shop to answer me along with the moderators and claimed friends on this forum.  It can be email, phone call, a private message on the forum, I don't care.  My patience did wear thin well over a year ago.  My equipment has been locked up at the shop since Feb of 2013, and long before the injury the communications from their end became sporadic and eventually non-existent.  I have long given up on getting any satisfaction for the money I prepaid to have my amp fixed.  I just want the darn thing back so I can send it to somebody that gives a darn about customer service.

Offline ST-Rider

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2015, 07:17:25 AM »
ST-Rider, if I was you, I'd arrange a time to go pick up my stuff and be done with the shop.  My patience would have worn thin long ago.

I have been trying every outlet I can to get somebody from the shop to answer me along with the moderators and claimed friends on this forum.  It can be email, phone call, a private message on the forum, I don't care.  My patience did wear thin well over a year ago.  My equipment has been locked up at the shop since Feb of 2013, and long before the injury the communications from their end became sporadic and eventually non-existent.  I have long given up on getting any satisfaction for the money I prepaid to have my amp fixed.  I just want the darn thing back so I can send it to somebody that gives a darn about customer service.

This is the kind of thing that makes me wonder what's up. It's not an isolated event. It's one thing to not be open, but to not attempt to give back customers their equipment over a period of years with no communication at all makes me think that there's more to this story than just a foot injury. There seems to be enough folks on the forum that are good enough friends with Tom that this kind of thing shouldn't be that difficult to get resolved. A friend could just schedule a time to meet and pick up the equipment. How hard is that, even if you can't walk?
Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4

bearjew

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2015, 07:50:24 AM »
Tom is slowly but surely making things right; one piece at a time.

Offline ST-Rider

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2015, 07:52:47 AM »

What does that even mean? This is the thing....clearly you know what's going on, and rather than give a good reason why the shop is closed for 2 years and people haven't been able to even talk to anyone to just get their stuff back, it's yet another cryptic response. 

Personally, I don't really care...I don't have anything being repaired at the moment...but if I did, this kind of thing would be infuriating to me.
Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2015, 01:55:18 PM »
I think what it really means is that, as of right now, no one knows what is going to be happening with the shop.   
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers

bearjew

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2015, 07:04:23 AM »

What does that even mean? This is the thing....clearly you know what's going on, and rather than give a good reason why the shop is closed for 2 years and people haven't been able to even talk to anyone to just get their stuff back, it's yet another cryptic response. 

Personally, I don't really care...I don't have anything being repaired at the moment...but if I did, this kind of thing would be infuriating to me.

It is not my responsibility to give a "good reason" for anything.  The personal hardships that Tom is experiencing is his own business, and it is not up to me to disclose it on a public forum unless he asks me to.  My "cryptic response" is the best I can offer.  I'm sorry if it's not good enough, but it's the best I can do given where I stand in the chain of command, which is nowhere.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2015, 02:35:05 PM »

It is not my responsibility to give a "good reason" for anything. 

Amen,  well said.