The Home Theater Corner > Home Theater Video

Harmony remotes

<< < (2/2)

MasterBlaster:
Harmony One userhere. I'm happy with it but my family doesn't understand activities and ends up powering things on/off individually anyways. Sometimes they even end up pulling out the native remotes >.<

Fwiw, some of my devices have exclusive on and off controls as well as a power toggle which comes in handy.

I just used the universal remote capabilities in my cable TV remote for the room with just an STB + TV.

scorpio333:
She went ahead and ordered the 650.

scorpio333:
650 arrived and is programmed. It's a winner, I actually like it a bit more than the One.

The negative: the screen on the 650 isn't a touch screen like the One. This is very minor. But if you have nothing but the touch screen on the One or similar, you'll find yourself tapping the screen and nothing happening.

The positive: Price. We got a refurb for $40 shipped and it looks new. Just the remote and USB cable, nothing else. The sw can be had from Logitech's website.

The biggest win for me is in the switching activities. Program each activity (Watch TV, Watch AppleTV, Watch DVD is all I needed for the girls). If you're watching a DVD and want to switch to one of the other activities, just press the button at the top and the current device is turned off and the new device is turned on, the TV remains on. With the One, this can be done but you need to program an activity for it. Huge PITA that was necessary with our 8 yr old TV that takes two minutes to "turn on". I had to program a bunch of Switch to BluRay, Switch to cable, Switch to records, etc..., just a pain.

Our One keeps going strong although the screen has lost pixels. I'll ride it out until it's dead. When it does die, I'll likely get a 650 to replace it.

papabearjew:

--- Quote from: RonaldBinc on August 16, 2016, 05:03:08 PM ---What is the gold standard for remotes theses days? Amazon has the Logitech Harmony Ultimate as the DotD for 200. Is it worth getting?

Carlos.

--- End quote ---

Go away

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version