Author Topic: Yamaha RX 530  (Read 1890 times)

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
Yamaha RX 530
« on: January 21, 2016, 03:21:08 PM »
It's an old, black face receiver, but for the garage it's been fine. Has a phono input which is the only reason I still have it. Problem is the display is out. From what I can gather it's a vacuum florescent display. Years ago smacking the top of the receiver would get it to kick on. Not anymore. I don't know a thing about those types of displays and don't really need it…except for telling if the receiver is on or off.

Currently the TT is connected via the single switched outlet on the back. I usually lower the TT lid and then shut off the receiver. So if the lid is down the rec should be off. Sometimes I forget or get sidetracked. If I move the start lever on the TT and nothing happens, I know it's off. For Duals, messing with start levers with no power isn't the best thing.

Anyone got a thought about an easy way to wire up an indicator light? I have a few junk computers I can scavenge bulbs out of, just don't want to blow anything up.

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
Re: Yamaha RX 530
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 05:09:06 PM »
Jar jar blinks says...  "Me thinks you just hook up receiver to lighted power strip."   That's a way lights on...  lights off... :P

George
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 06:43:22 PM »
What George said.

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 10:13:41 PM »
Great idea and it works perfectly! Perfect case of keep it simple stupid. I was worried it wouldn't work with the 'soft touch' power button on the Yamaha. Thanks!

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 06:15:36 AM »
Glad we could help...   ;)

George
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...