Author Topic: No more Jico SAS!  (Read 1623 times)

Offline geoffr

• Double Secret Probation!
No more Jico SAS!
« on: February 17, 2016, 11:56:57 AM »
From a tread on AK:
"I haven't posted in a while, but some of you may remember me from previous posts.

I manage international relations for JICO so I thought some members of this forum would want to know.

As of February 17th, 2016 we have officially ceased production of all products which feature the Super Analogue Stylus diamond tip."

I have these on three of my V15 carts. The Jico website does not show the SAS styli anymore. Total drag.
Living room: Fisher 400, Thorens TD124, Arcam CD, Klipsch Heresy
Home office: Scott 222c or Fisher KX-200, Thorens TD124, Marantz CD + Peachtree DAC, Omega 3T desktop speakers and Deep Hemp sub
Basement: Rogue Cronus, Meadowlark Kestrel, Rega P25, Marantz CD

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
Re: No more Jico SAS!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 03:26:24 PM »
That is not good news. I still see some available, I'm sure once that stock runs out it's going to get expensive. Weird thing is it looks like they dropped in price, I paid $150 for mine and now they're 140. Now may be a good time to hoard some extras.

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 10:50:54 PM »
well that sucks....  have to preserve / be a bit more careful with the V15xMR w SAS  on my 1200 Mrk II. I think those have a boron stylus shaft... enviro problems ended the making them in the US, wondering if that could be the same in the East now?
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
  • Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 11:14:00 PM »
Don't remember where, not here, but someone on one of the forums was of the opinion that the AT-440MLA was discontinued and replaced by the MLB for the same reason.