Author Topic: Raynist's HT Cave  (Read 5791 times)

OldiesButGoodies

Raynist's HT Cave
« on: March 25, 2016, 11:23:25 PM »
Amazing setup booth downstairs and upstairs.   

The screen is fixed and acoustically transparent, by Elite. It did not suffer the light bleed-through issues I have experienced with similar screens.  This is the array of speakers behind it now - a temporary setup based on Klipsch Cornwalls and 4 (four) JTR Captivator S2 subs (two in back,  two in front,  the ones in the back are behind the sofa facing the sofa's back - a "near field sub arrangement"  that makes the sofa  into a massage chair with the right content playing. The Klipsch are standby speakers while Ray waits for JTR Noesis 215RT that are on order.  If they sound nearly as good as the 210s he had in there last week,  it should be amazing:

Untitled by Jose Sifontes, on Flickr

The basement is a cocoon of GIK bass traps - there are at least 23 4x2 traps in there, probably more:

AV controller in the basement is an Onkyo PR-SC5509,  feeding a number of Behringer iNuke 3000 amps:

Upstairs he has a more tame (by his standards) septup centered around an Onkyo 4520Ci (an old friend of mine).  Check out the Noesis 212s for Left Center and Right,  that is overkill for a relatively cozy living room.  Then he overkills the overkill with two Triax subs,  each with three 15" drivers in a closed enclosure  driven by a 4000 watt amp.  I sounded very impressive today on multiple movie scenes and several audio cuts:

Congrats on a great sounding config both upstairs and downstairs. The JTR speakers do not get enough positive press on the web - Jeff has come up with several impressive, high efficiency designs (95 db!!) using compression drivers an quality woofers.  The JTR 21O used without the sub felt like enough to me -that is how good the bass is.

OBG 

Offline RuralTom

• Audio Geek!
  • Receiving Aural Pleasure....
Re: Raynist's HT Cave
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 07:59:32 AM »
Quite the cave.... I wonder what he did with the Fortes I sold him, obviously he moved along the Klipsch ladder.
preamp: BAT VK-5
amp: Altec 944sa
DAC:  Bel Canto 2.5
CDP: Pioneer Elite DV-47a
Intel NUC server / iFi micro iUSB3.0 / Roon
Spendor FL9

Offline raynist

• Double Secret Probation!
Re: Raynist's HT Cave
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 01:31:57 PM »
Hi Tom - I still have that pair of Forte's also got with 2 other pairs.   3 speakers are in a bedroom and the other 3 are in my garage.   Once my JTR 215RT's arrive late next month I need to have sale on klipsch speakers!!!!

OBG - those 212's are rated 101db efficient but were recently independently tested to be 105db efficient!!!!    :o :o