Author Topic: What's the latest with the shop/Tom?  (Read 2141 times)

Offline ST-Rider

• Double Secret Probation!
What's the latest with the shop/Tom?
« on: October 05, 2016, 09:33:03 AM »
I haven't heard anything...is he ever opening the shop again or is it closed for good?
Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4

OldiesButGoodies

Re: What's the latest with the shop/Tom?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 12:55:03 PM »
As a shop? I don't think that is a direction.  As a store that sells souped-up hifi gear, yes, that will/is happening. Repairing is a pain, people refuse to pay for good tech's hours.  I think that is smart of him.

bearjew

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 01:00:33 PM »
As a shop? I don't think that is a direction.  As a store that sells souped-up hifi gear, yes, that will/is happening. Repairing is a pain, people refuse to pay for good tech's hours.  I think that is smart of him.

mmm soup

Offline ST-Rider

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 01:03:15 PM »

I meant, as a place to go buy stuff. I used to go to his shop before he moved and bought various receivers, turntables, etc. from him. Then he moved, and I guess got hurt or something and I haven't heard a thing since. I went to the new shop a while ago after I had heard it was open, but it was dark and nobody was there so I was just curious if he ever intends to sell stuff again.
Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 07:27:48 PM »
No,  I don't think he is ready for that yet, or if that is in the plans to ever happen again.  The sales channel for now is the web,  his ebay store.  Anyway,  I am sure he will post here if he decides to open up that option.

Offline ST-Rider

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 07:18:46 AM »
No,  I don't think he is ready for that yet, or if that is in the plans to ever happen again.  The sales channel for now is the web,  his ebay store.  Anyway,  I am sure he will post here if he decides to open up that option.

Ok, thanks. Do you know what his ebay store name is?
Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 02:45:22 PM »
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers