Author Topic: Muslims in American History  (Read 10527 times)

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
Re: Muslims in American History
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 09:22:27 PM »
Please do not make me referee this. My only rule is be nice.

You are certainly welcome and encouraged to debate all you want, but personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Present your argument and leave it at that.

Remember, Nothing you post here is going to make a damn bit of difference to the state of affairs.

HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

Offline ST-Rider

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 06:23:52 AM »
Well...what a response...so let me get it...jj is a non-believer and Lngbruno is simply attempting to be an irritating thorn in my rear. OK, it's a free country and I see where this is going. #1...my question was not answered, merely stepped around with questions and attempted insults at my intellect. Let's make it simple guys...WHO attacked America? What religious affiliation were they? What is that little skirmish we got going on over in Afghanistan about??? What are American soldiers dying for every day over there? I will answer that for you...to protect the freedom that allows you to sit in your homes and make these kind of statements. I suggest if you feel so strongly about American Christians being involved in terrorism,get a plane ticket to Afghanistan or Iraq, join up with the Taliban, and become FREEDOM fighters for your cause. Let's see what happens when you get the treatment numerous other Americans have received in that part of the world when terrorists get ready to "chop" your head off with a sword, if you will feel so strongly about coming to their defense. Oh, by the way..shout to ALLAH to save you ... remember the non-believer statement. I personally don't care for people who put down the U.S.A. If you fall into that group, so be it. P.S.... as F1 nut would say..."buy a vowel"  :-*

First, you asked if I saw any Christians that are terrorists and I gave you numerous examples. I can give you more if you like.

Second, why do you think that Musllim extremism is my cause? They disgust me as much as the Christian "God's Hates Fags" nutjobs.

More people have been killed in the name of religion than anything. They're all bad for society.

Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4

Offline DaveS

• OCCD Extraordinaire
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 09:01:01 AM »
Religion:  A means to control the masses.

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 01:05:23 PM »
Religion:  A means to control the masses.

Offline Lngbruno

• FNG !!!
  • Sometimes truth really is stranger than fiction.
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 01:30:31 PM »
1. WHO attacked America?
A bunch of extremist thugs who want to destroy capitalism, equality between men and women, and freedom of thought.

2. What religious affiliation were they?
Irrevalent since they are extremist and no modern day rational thinking religion would support what has happened.

3. What is that little skirmish we got going on over in Afghanistan about?  
A mess that Dubya and the Republican lead Congress should have dealt with to it’s conclusion instead of supporting a invasion fabricated on a lie...Iraq.

4.What are American soldiers dying for every day over there? I will answer that for you...to protect the freedom that allows you to sit in your homes and make these kind of statements.
Your answer is based on an invasion predicated on a lie.  We are there (Iraq) because of location…location…location.

4. I suggest if you feel so strongly about American Christians being involved in terrorism, get a plane ticket to Afghanistan or Iraq, join up with the Taliban, and become FREEDOM fighters for your cause.  Let's see what happens when you get the treatment numerous other Americans have received in that part of the world when terrorists get ready to "chop" your head off with a sword, if you will feel so strongly about coming to their defense.  
I don’t believe anyone is coming to the Taliban’s defense, but rather putting this conflict into perspective.  Kingman, bone up on history starting back a couple of centuries to understand religious conflicts.  As one poster wrote, look at the Ireland conflict.  Also look at what occurred with how religion played a big role in the Bosnian War (also known as the War in Bosnia and Herzegovina).  Kingman, you really need to step outside the cave or basement you reside in and learn a little history.

Oh, by the way..shout to ALLAH to save you ... remember the non-believer statement.  I personally don't care for people who put down the U.S.A.  If you fall into that group, so be it. P.S.... as F1 nut would say..."buy a vowel"
You really are delusional aren’t you. and what appears to be a racist bigot.

You thorny servant,
L
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 01:33:12 PM by Lngbruno »
"We face a fork in the road - one leads to death and pestilence and the other leads to total destruction; may God grant us the wisdom to make the right choice."  - Woody Allen

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 12:56:43 AM »
You quote Woody Allen in your sig and then call someone else delusional!?!

What a hoot.
  'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline ST-Rider

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 06:07:11 AM »

What a hoot.

Well that sure is a reasoned thought out response.

I guess when you can't argue facts, try to obfuscate with attempted wit. Straight from the school of the great Sarah Palin. LOL
Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 01:25:34 PM »

What a hoot.

I guess when you can't argue facts, try to obfuscate with attempted wit. Straight from the school of the great Sarah Palin. LOL

My previous post was not an attempt at wit. It was pure, unabashed......even dripping sarcasm. How you confused one for the other......never mind, I know.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline ST-Rider

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 01:56:48 PM »

What a hoot.

My previous post was not an attempt at wit. It was pure, unabashed......even dripping sarcasm. How you confused one for the other......never mind, I know.

Ok then...guess you're ceding the point.

Carver C5
Carver TFM22
Paradigm Monitor 7 v.4

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2010, 02:51:05 PM »
PLease stay on topic, or I'm closing this thread.
HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2010, 07:07:33 PM »
You really are delusional aren’t you. and what appears to be a racist bigot
...I don't mind debating a point, but personal attacks like this have crossed the line. I will be glad to pm you or talk to you in person, but I will not subject this forum to the comments I have for you. Now that I think of it...FO.
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2010, 01:00:37 AM »
PLease stay on topic, or I'm closing this thread.

I'd be glad to do so. The topic was OB's comment in his Cairo speech, "I know, too, that Islam has always been a part of America's story." and not about religon. Addressing OB's comment, I'd have to say that he is sorely mistaken, to put it nicely.