Author Topic: Looking for older KLH speakers. . .  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Louis

• FNG !!!
Looking for older KLH speakers. . .
« on: February 18, 2017, 08:04:13 PM »
Hello all:

Looking for nice pairs of 5s, 6s, 17s-- will consider others! 

Thanks,

Lou

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
Re: Looking for older KLH speakers. . .
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 08:35:57 AM »
Welcome to the forum Lou!!! Lot's of good folks here with many sources to help you get the speakers you desire. What gear are you planning to run with them? Pictures are always a plus!
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline Comten

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 10:40:48 PM »
Have a pair of KLH-32s with the tic-tac-toe woofers and cloth-covered tweeters. You can tell that some prior moron used one to close to a window as the top veneer is a bit gronky - but not horrible if kept oiled to subdue it. Grill cloths could use freshened too, but it has the KLH badges.

Have a pair of KLH-363s - big heavy 3-ways, solid  - and did I say heavy - skinned in vinyl and absolutely worth re-capping and real-wood veneering. They don't make them like this anymore, anywhere. One look and feel and you can see these Singer-era(?) KLHs still have the Henry Kloss DNA from the older KLHs - like the 32's. Grills intact with badges.

Both above sets have the classic KLH cloth woofer surrounds and have been treated with the "AR guy's" black goo as found on evilbay.

Not trying to make money - just break even. I would and plan on keeping both pairs, but willing to let either/both go as I only have room for so much.

Offline Comten

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 11:53:11 PM »
Meh, on second thought - the KLH 363s are keepers. The 32s are redundant.