Audio Discussion > General Discussion

New Rack

<< < (2/4) > >>

MacGeek:
Nice job.  At  two sheets of MDF, plus 1/4 " plywood, I imagine the shelves can hold a significant load with out sagging

schwarcw:
I really like the look and build quality.  Excellent work!

Jim Pittsburgh:
I like the poster behind the great new rack!

scorpio333:
Thanks everyone. I'm lucky enough that my wife tolerates all my decorating and gear down there.

--- Quote from: MATT0404 on October 30, 2017, 12:42:50 PM ---Nice job on the rack!  I'm thinking about making another rack that is lower and wider like your's.

Hey, I recognize those Tektons. ;)  Nice room you have there.

--- End quote ---

All said n done the rack was about $65. Tons cheaper than buying something I'd likely have to mod to fit. The Tektons still amaze me overtime they get fired up.

--- Quote from: MacGeek on October 30, 2017, 05:26:28 PM ---Nice job.  At  two sheets of MDF, plus 1/4 " plywood, I imagine the shelves can hold a significant load with out sagging

--- End quote ---

I had it all together without the plywood and the bottom shelf was a bit warped, only about 1/8" on each end when I stacked them all up. Seems flat now. The entire width is 47". If I notice any more sagging I may need to add another threaded rod, I really didn't want one in the middle up front. Another option is to route a channel width wise and add a 1x2 vertically. I really, really, really don't want to take it apart again.

gdv:
Very nice...  Looks great and fits in very well...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version