Author Topic: Old TV & cabinet... & possible magnavox stereo console...  (Read 3314 times)

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
Old TV & cabinet... & possible magnavox stereo console...
« on: May 15, 2018, 12:59:48 PM »
Most of you are probably not aware, but since the beginning of the year it has been hell for my mother (& me)...

She was in ER/hospital/rehab/etc.  Then forced to an assisted living home, since she can't take care of herself independently anymore...  So the tasks of selling a car, home, cleanout of home, wills, trusts, power of attorney, etc. etc. has me going crazy...  :(

All that said...

I need to get rid of my mom's old RCA console TV (link to similar TV pic below).  The TV does not work property, I believe the picture tube is bad.  Location Aliquippa PA (Beaver Co.), and garbage pickup will NOT dispose of console TV's.   Questions...  Do any of you know a place to dispose of such TV?  Does anyone want the TV for gutting & using cabinet?  Planning to list on craigslist in free section...  I can get actual pictures this weekend...

Also there is a working Maggy console!  Horns but NO tubes!  :(  There is one or two people who may be interested in the Maggy...  Also can get pics this weekend...  Hoping to get some $$ for it...  $50?  Thoughts?

Thanks for reading and any suggestions...
George
(aka gdv)

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/45387908718605044/
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: Old TV & cabinet... & possible magnavox stereo console...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 01:36:07 PM »
Penn Hills will pick up tube TVs, but you have to schedule it, you can't just leave it out with the trash.   If you don't have the number I can get it for you later.   SS consoles are a tough sell in my experience, but pics etc can't hurt.    Maybe it has parts for something someone here is trying to rehab.

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 01:54:07 PM »
Mark,
thanks, but I don't have a truck to bring it from Aliquippa to Penn Hills...  Nor do I want to bother anyone to do such...  Maybe the TV will just fall off on the side of the road somewhere!!!   :)
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 02:34:04 PM »
Before you bother putting it on CL free section take a gander at how many working tube TVs are there.