Author Topic: Looking for someone to rebuild my deck  (Read 3737 times)

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
Looking for someone to rebuild my deck
« on: May 10, 2019, 11:28:31 AM »
I have an existing 380 sf ground level deck that needs to be rebuilt. I have a materials list and have selected decking (except for the joists that might need to be replaced but are now hidden). I just need someone that can do a quality job for a fair price. Excluding any joist replacement, estimates range from 2.5 to 3 days labor. I will buy materials and have them delivered.   Please let me know if you have someone that you can recommend. Would like to start the project ASAP    Thanks  Jim 
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
Re: Looking for someone to rebuild my deck
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 02:22:29 PM »
I reskinned outlet deck two years ago. I

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 02:27:07 PM »
Dammit, mobile posting is still fubar.

I'd offer my time, but ain't gots none. Not sure what material you plan to use, but I'd recommend not using Lowe's deckboards. Where the sun hits the deck I have lots of splits on the surface. No cupping, just splits. I can text pics if you want them. My neighbor redid his at the same time with some kind of composite, not Trex. The boards look good, his carpenter skills though were atrocious.

Sorry, don't have any names I could pass along.

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 03:53:13 PM »
Selected Azek decking using clips. I pay pretty darn well ... can provide babysitting service or labor help.
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 09:12:58 AM »
Hey Jim

I would recommend my regular go-to guy but I think he is booked solid until mid or late June.  we are number three on his current schedule.   let me know if you cant find someone before then

Mike
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 06:24:34 PM »
thanks....  will do!