Author Topic: Anybody watching the debates?  (Read 20310 times)

Offline Vpgh

• Double Secret Probation!
Re: Anybody watching the debates?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2019, 07:48:59 PM »

On other side, please take a look for the student's debts as derivative of income, take a Russia .vs. America.
Disclaimer: I've never live in Russia and I'm never been Russian citizen. Just some business trips. And I can speak in Russian fluently. Finally, I don't like to insult anyone.

1) the average cost of  tuition in Russian university is about 5k/year. (1st line at Google search and confirmed my friend from Russia).No transportation and living expenses included. The GDP per capita in Russia is $11,288.9 in 2018 by Worldbank data. Seems as  44% of average annual income.
2)  the average cost of  tuition in American (US) university is about $26,290k/year(out of state). (1st line at Google search and confirmed by my family case). The GDP per capita in US  is $62,641.0 in 2018 by Worldbank data. Seems as  42% of average annual income.

2 Everyone:
I'm faithfully waiting for about an hour. Now is the TIME: Have you heard something about fake news?
Definitely yes. In different content, in different meanings.

I would like to demonstrate how to make the fake news by simple example: please read the quote one more time. What's wrong? I wrote  student's debts as derivative of income. The next lines are about GDP... GDP per capita is not equal personal income... It's one of the myriad ways to pour the fake news.

All the digits quoted are correct. However, the whole picture is little bit different, especially you take the panel (age/gender/race etc.) for the consideration.

Anyway, availability of college/university education is better in US than in former USSR.   

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2019, 07:20:28 PM »

Protected speech detected  :)

Joe Walsh "really" did run for president in 1980. His campaign was Free Gas for Everyone.

As for current politics, when almost half of eligible voters don't show up to vote it's not a positive sign. We certainly do care enough to complain. Sheeple gonna sheeple. Kill the two party media system and get people to THINK for themselves.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2019, 08:42:52 PM »

Protected speech detected  :)

Joe Walsh "really" did run for president in 1980. His campaign was Free Gas for Everyone.

As for current politics, when almost half of eligible voters don't show up to vote it's not a positive sign. We certainly do care enough to complain. Sheeple gonna sheeple. Kill the two party media system and get people to THINK for themselves.

:-*

Dicky

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2019, 08:56:10 PM »
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 08:58:22 PM by Dicky »

Dicky

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2019, 09:02:31 PM »
F

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

Offline Vpgh

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2019, 09:01:11 PM »

Sure.   Nobody, especially AOC, ever said that America's border is a concentration camp. 

Ree-eally?!
Yes, she does.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-concentration-camp-border-reaction-20190624-wqclvakouzegrkre22rl4dvoqe-story.html

And, specially for those, who are fans of AOC
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/451172-holocaust-survivor-who-offered-to-tour-auschwitz-with-ocasio-cortez-calls-for

However, these links are specially not from Fox or NYT.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2019, 09:52:49 PM »
She did NOT say that the border is a concentration camp.   She said there are concentration camps at the border.   Just like I said when responding to the cartoon.   NOBODY is trying to fight their way into one of those camps.

America is the land of the free.   Of course people want to be here.   But nobody wants to be in one of those camps.   If you can't see the difference then there is probably little point in trying to educate you further.

There are evil men in positions of power in this country and every true American will stand up to them.   We always have.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2019, 10:00:58 PM »
We used to be the light on the hill.   We stared the United Nations to try to get a unified force for good.   Now they are warning us.   It's heartbreaking.

https://www.voanews.com/usa/un-urges-us-end-detention-immigrants-asylum-seekers

Our current administration is full of international criminals.   That is the fact.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

Offline Vpgh

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2019, 01:01:50 PM »

Thank you for this post. I absolutely agree, people have to think, not just follow to political leaders / persons.

Offline Vpgh

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2019, 01:04:22 PM »

America is the land of the free.   Of course people want to be here.   But nobody wants to be in one of those camps.   If you can't see the difference then there is probably little point in trying to educate you further.

STaL, I really appreciate for the advice. I educate myself every day, every minute.  I have to speak & write English (not my native language) every day to do my job and being a social, I take additional professional Certifications right now, moreover, I try to study smth in field of Electronic Art, and I would like to know more about political system in US. However, I never graduated at Boston conservatory but I have some printed article and interview in mass-media, and, Im not bulled by everyone in US for my broken English.

The other couple questions to you: did you ever visit former Concentration Camp in Europe? Did you have any experience visiting jail or prison in US? Did you ever visit countries in Europe/ around the World? How many times and how often?
Thanks
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 01:09:34 PM by vpgh »

Offline Vpgh

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2019, 02:14:26 PM »
We used to be the light on the hill.   

and that light is not a formal invitation, right?

Offline Vpgh

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2019, 02:18:54 PM »

Our current administration is full of international criminals.   That is the fact.

Any proofs on that statement? I use to contact with official clerks 5 days a week due to my job responsibilities (yeah, 7 days some weeks) and Ive heard a bunch of the stories regarding something that might be called "misbehavior" at least.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 02:21:18 PM by vpgh »

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2019, 02:32:30 PM »

STaL, I really appreciate for the advice. I educate myself every day, every minute.  I have to speak & write English (not my native language) every day to do my job and being a social, I take additional professional Certifications right now, moreover, I try to study smth in field of Electronic Art, and I would like to know more about political system in US. However, I never graduated at Boston conservatory but I have some printed article and interview in mass-media, and, Im not bulled by everyone in US for my broken English.

The other couple questions to you: did you ever visit former Concentration Camp in Europe? Did you have any experience visiting jail or prison in US? Did you ever visit countries in Europe/ around the World? How many times and how often?
Thanks

I didn't bully you.   I pointed out that you made an incorrect statement and explained (again) why it was incorrect.