Author Topic: Phone for mom...  (Read 2016 times)

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
Phone for mom...
« on: November 02, 2020, 09:19:33 AM »
My mom has been living in an Assisted Living home in Plum, PA for a few years now, & has had verizon land line service...  To say the service has "sucked" would be an understatement...  Many outages...  Phone has been out since Friday, tech can't come till this Thursday...

She is NOT real keen on cell phones...  Are there any other options for her?  I thought I heard of a set up that would convert a cell phone to a landline phone, this would be great...

Thank you...
George
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: Phone for mom...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 05:59:45 PM »
My mother is also in a facility and is out of town, meaning all calls are long distance.  She has a prepaid Tracphone (cost is about $100/year) and while it is a cell phone, my Mom has managed to learn how to use it, which is a big deal for her.  She has never used or owned a computer and never used any of the remotes for her stereo (she has figured out the TV, but has had it for years).

This is not what you asked about, but worked for our family.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77