Author Topic: Help with info on 2 sets of Goodmans Speakers  (Read 1936 times)

Offline jbrumfitt

• FNG !!!
Help with info on 2 sets of Goodmans Speakers
« on: June 05, 2021, 06:44:58 PM »
Hi Everyone, I am wondering if anyone has any info on 2 pairs of Goodmans speakers I own.

The first pair which I have owned the longest is a pair of ?Goodmans G Magnum-K2? Speakers.

The second pair which I have owned for a few months is a pair of ?Goodmans G Magnum-K2 M Range? Speakers.

Both sets are identical in their internal and external dimensions both used the same wood, speaker drivers, crossovers, wiring, grills, badges and spec plates.

The only visible difference is one set says M Range on the back and the other set doesn?t say M Range.

An extensive search online does not bring up much information online about whether there are any difference and whether they made 2 models with and without the M range badge.

It could be that the M range badges fell off the first set or were never installed, or maybe there are some differences.

As I refurbished the first set years ago and currently in the process of refurbishing the second set I cannot say whether the crossovers parts values are difference in both sets.

I shall check out both sets of crossovers and see if there are any differences, from memory both sets had the same value capacitors in them but maybe the chokes in them are different values, I do not have a way to measure these and they have no values written on them so they will be staying in but I will be fitting new capacitors matching the original values specked on the old capacitors.

Hopefully somebody can shed some light on these speakers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

James
Jbrumfitt94