Author Topic: Acoustic panels  (Read 4327 times)

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
Re: Acoustic panels
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2021, 07:28:32 PM »
I've changed the coupling caps and added bypass caps, tubes and opamps. In fact, I borrowed a few from you to try out. So many options!

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
Re: Acoustic panels
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2021, 03:32:10 PM »
I think I've got things where I can relax a bit and just listen. I've got panels all over the place. It's tricky guess work most of the time, but I never screw anything down until I'm ok with it. I found toe-ing the Pendragons in was a huge no no. I'm now @ 9.5' from the left and 10' from the right due to room orientation. The speakers are also 9.5' apart and about 14" out from the wall, the Pens have two 4" rear firing ports each. I also set the rear footers about 1/8" higher, I kept thinking "tweeter at ear level" and the tweeters are slightly higher than that while sitting. Things got nice and focused after all that, no more frequency overloads or bright spots.

If I had to complain...and I will...the volume pot on the amp. Usual listening is right between 9 & 10 o'clock on the dial. I haven't the stones to go past 1 o'clock, it just gets too loud. So half the dial is wasted and each "click" on the remote rises or lowers the volume too much. I have to look into options to fix that. Then there's this bug biting me...build a Decware zkit1 this winter.