Author Topic: 1996 Panasonic Stereo System stereo signal issue  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Panafan

• FNG !!!
1996 Panasonic Stereo System stereo signal issue
« on: December 30, 2021, 10:49:35 AM »
Hello, I am having issues with my stereo signal, the tuner acts exactly like no antenna is connected to it- the seek/auto radio station find will not detect (stop anywhere) , just going through the frequency numbers again and again non-stop, if manually searched will find the stations, but not clear, and with no stereo. The indicators "STEREO"  and " QUARTZ LOCK" which used to come up together no longer appear. I was away (living in Atlanta for 11 years and when I returned I found that issue with the system when I turned it on. I don't think someone (my parents) damaged it or dropped it, my suggestion is that perhaps some of the capacitors got old or maybe the quartz lock unit , generator or whatever is called maybe got old. Fortunately I DO HAVE the service manual with the schematic (in PDF so I do not know how I list it here)  so if someone of you guys can guide me which thing to test first, I would really appreciate...here are some pictures: