Author Topic: Test Setup  (Read 4533 times)

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
Test Setup
« on: May 02, 2010, 01:05:43 PM »
It's a rainy day and GraphicFX is coming over in the next couple of days to check out the Crown amp I have for sale.  It's a good excuse to break out some gear I haven't touched in a while and get a setup he can demo the amp with.  Test setup is as follows:

Marantz 1200
Crown PS-400
Ipod
River Current Cables
Advent Maestros

Holy crap is all I can say.  Maybe it's the room, maybe it's the combination of all parts but holy sh$t does this setup sound good.  I've been listening to the Amorphous Androgynous album "Alice in Ultraland" (highly recommended if you haven't heard it).  Incredible.  You're getting a hell of an amp Andrew!

***Sorry for the crappy photos.  Iphone with equipment in front of windows = sh$tty***

Offline mikey813

• Audio Connoisseur
Re: Test Setup
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 01:58:29 PM »
Great test setup Rev
True Image CM-2500, Terra Song SS-1, Denon       DCD-1520, Sony CA8es, Kef K140, Definitive Technology DR-7
youtube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Callof813

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 05:30:29 PM »
Every bit of that is good quality components. I bet it sounds good, never under estimate those Advent Maestro's.

Offline icravcarver

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Vinyl is better than ever!!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 10:24:10 PM »
I wish I had that kind of stuff to sell!  How can you part with such great stuff - better yet, where do you get this stuff.  I'm luck I can find a pair of "Blowse" (BOSE) speakers here in CNY.  Vintage audio is hard to find.  Any of it.  Check out our Craigslist.  I end up looking at Rochester, Albany, or Binghamton if I need to get a fix.  Even then, it is few and far between.  Mostly car shit, or the good old all in one systems, you know CDP/Tuner/Tape all in one pieces of crap.

Nice setup.  Someone's going to be very happy.
MAIN SYSTEM:Carver TFM-55, Carver C-16, Carver S/DA-490t, Carver TD-1770, BSR-EQ3000, Philips AF-677, Auvio HD Radio Tuner, Polk SDA-1C's
Man Cave: HR-772, Technics SL-P220, Polk Monitor 12 Series 2
Bedroom: Cheap ass Teac Receiver, Klipsch Heresy II's
Porch: Kenwood KR-820 Receiver, Optimus STS 100

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 09:46:35 AM »
That is a nice test setup!
Got Carver?

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 04:21:18 PM »
When you're selling Crown, you are in the drivers seat!!!!!! I haven't understood how to get rid of good equipment yet!....Doubt I will!!!!!  :P      :P      :P
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!