Author Topic: Pop more annoying than madonna  (Read 5553 times)

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
Pop more annoying than madonna
« on: May 09, 2010, 11:03:25 AM »
Whenever I shut down my Hafler DH500 I get a loud and annoying "pop" through my speakers. I tried shutting off the amp first and last and I always turn down the volume before shutting down. Any insight as to what might be causing this? I spent 20 minutes searching google and found nothing helpful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ed
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

bmwr75

Re: Pop more annoying than madonna
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 11:15:26 AM »
Ed,

You probably need one of them fancy, high dollar power cords.  I hear they will solve all your audio woes.   ;D

Scott

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 02:13:47 PM »
The pop sound are your caps discharging. Is this something new or has it always done that?
  'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 04:45:30 PM »
Pretty recent
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

NATOE

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 04:53:40 PM »
I would try cleaning the switch. or try grounding the chassis. bmwer the power cord only makes it sound better you would only hear the pop alot better.

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 05:16:59 PM »
Caps.  You can try a speaker selector switch box thingy..... Tom may have one, that way you can turn your speakers off before the power amp. Worth a try.

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 02:03:29 AM »
Pretty recent

In that case, it's time for the repair shop.
  'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."