Author Topic: Bedroom Sounds.  (Read 5754 times)

SunnyDaze

Bedroom Sounds.
« on: May 17, 2010, 11:09:36 PM »
Sherwood RX-4105 Reciever - I bought this when Rex went out of business for $35. This thing shocked me. Not literally, but I was impressed by the sound. Plus, it's got a sleep timer. That's critical in the bedroom.

Onkyo Integra DXC-606 CD player - $15 at Goodwill in Belle Vernon. It's built like a tank, and doesn't sound half bad at all.

BIC Model 22's - I know very little about them. Information is scarce, and would be appreciated. Some of you fleamarketeers may remember the older gentlemen who occupied a fairly large plot inside at Trader Jack's. He always had a selection of vintage audio equipment moving through there. Most of it was lower end or in poor shape. These things looked and sounded great, as they continue to do. My next goal is to find some suitable type of stands for them.

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • Ready For Intervention!
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
Re: Bedroom Sounds.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 05:56:21 PM »
Nice system. I wonder how many people on this forum have systems in the bedroom? :o

I run a VTA-70 with a Carver C-6 with a matching TL-3220 and a ONKYO DVD ( yard sale) into Energy RefCon 22's.

Helps warm the room also. That has been an asset lately with this shitty weather. ;D
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 08:21:31 PM »
I was going to say something crazy about "Bedroom Sounds" but I will refrain. :o

Very nice setup.
Got Carver?

Offline DJTommyK

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Analog
    • Hi-Fi State of Mind
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 11:00:24 PM »
Last time I was at Trader Jacks, he was still there.  Or, at least, there was a guy there selling older electronics.
--------------------------
Hi-Fi State of Mind:
http://mwfccw.blogspot.com/
--------------------------
Pioneer QX-8000
Rega P1
Denon DRW-840
Dokorder 1120
Polk Monitor 7B
Boston Accoustics A-700

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 11:46:59 PM »
Nice setup!
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

SunnyDaze

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 12:06:52 AM »
Thanks everyone. I don't know if I'd actually dignify this setup by calling it a "system", but, thanks yinz.

Unfortunately, the guy you're talking about at Trader Jack's is not the same guy. This gentlemen was ill with terminal cancer 4 or 5 years ago. Poor fella. He was such a nice guy, and a talker too.

Offline Colinbgood

• Canadian Prick!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 07:59:25 PM »
nice set up
Need more Carver! Comming soon a pair of silver 7t's!

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 08:21:10 PM »
I have systems everywhere, office, garage, tool shop, kitchen, bedroom, etc.  A good find on CG is an excuse to add music to a new spot in the house.  Bathrooms are a possibility.  I am amazed my wife has put up with this for 23 years. I must be doing something (else) right.   

Nice setup.

Pepe