Author Topic: Marantz 6300 Mod  (Read 6288 times)

OldiesButGoodies

Marantz 6300 Mod
« on: June 12, 2010, 11:02:33 AM »
Hello geeks...

I have been travelling for a couple of weeks...  I stopped by a friend's audio store (Speaker Warehouse - great place to visit if you are ever in San Juan) in PR - he is a high-end audio dealer but also a closet vintage audio geek (he is looking for a pair of JBL 4311 monitors in case any one knows a source).   

He showed me a Marantz 6300 he had recently restored and modded and thought you would enjoy seeing it.  He replaced all the internal cable, etc.  But he also did a very cool mod to the base using a router to add horizontal grooves tinted a darker shade - looks very very nice, IMO - better than brand new:

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
Re: Marantz 6300 Mod
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 12:37:45 PM »
Beautiful  :D :D :D :D :D

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 04:37:39 PM »
I have a Marantz 6300 and the base does look kind of cool.  But, it looks like an easy place to collect dust.

Any info about what kind of mods did he do to the internal wiring?  Did he rewire the tonearm?
Carl

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »
He re-wired the tonearm with high-end wire (Dennis - if you happen to red this please reply yourself and confirm all the upgrades you did to the table - thanks). 

The grooves may collect dust - but they look very cool - the photos I took do not do it justice. 

Cheers,

Pepe