Author Topic: Think I'm done selling on eBay!!  (Read 7001 times)

bmwr75

Re: Think I'm done selling on eBay!!
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 10:40:34 AM »
Ebay finally made good on this deal. I told them the buyer never returned one of the items. They contacted him and he admitted it. I got paid the the item he kept. He got a refund for the item he returned. I had to eat 1/2 the shipping and the listing fee for returned item. Now......if eBay can get the final valuation fee refunded to me next month on the returned item, the deal will be mostly fair. THE END.

Moral of the story -- do everything you can to settle with a buyer and avoid the eBay dispute process.

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 08:26:36 PM »
Moral of the story -- do everything you can to settle with a buyer and avoid the eBay dispute process.
AMEM!!!!...it's always best if you can come to an agreement...sometimes it's not possible. I've had that happen only twice in 7 years....
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline fhawk618

• FNG !!!
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 12:32:07 PM »
Done Selling...and Done Buying!!! I used to use E-bay to buy and sell quite a bit of stuff, but over the last couple of years I've had some bad encounters on both the buying and selling end of the deal. Now I just use it mainly as one of the bechmarks to put a value on something. Not only have listing fees gone up, but there's more misrepresented junk than ever (casting a shadow over reputable sellers), and most everyone suddenly feels that their labor for "handling", "packing", or "restocking" is worth $75.00 per hour. In my recent experience, it's cheaper (and more reliable) to make a road trip to buy stuff, and (as a seller) to have people come play with what I'm selling (you'd better be satisfied--you picked it out yourself)!!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline OconeeOrange

• Double Secret Probation!
  • South Carolina RedNeck
    • YardCrap
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 11:44:31 PM »
I don't sell often on ebay, but buy often.

99% of the time I am happy.

Buying on ebay does take brains.  There are bargains, but no free stuff.

Mainly, my selling there is of BOWL tickets I buy every year.  I have great seats at many.  I pick out where I am going and sell the rest.  I just try to get my money back, and have never been disappointed. 

Most of my great audio equipment was bought there.  With out ebay, I would still be playing with BOSE  :'(