Author Topic: By the way...Which one's Pink?  (Read 2307 times)

Offline fhawk618

• FNG !!!
By the way...Which one's Pink?
« on: August 22, 2010, 06:32:37 PM »
Just a new thread to knock around. Just as we all collect our toys to listen to, we all collect stuff to play on our toys. Recently, a friend of mine asked me to burn a CD of cover tunes, since there seems to be a lot of them being issued recently. As I started searching through my database, I realized that: 1--there are a lot of them, and 2--there always has been. As a start, I've given him 4 CDs with more to come. But as a DJ, it always amazes me how many people don't even realize that a popular song is actually a cover--in many cases far more popular than the original.

Just food for thought. Comments, questions, random wisdom always invited (hate mail optional).

Thanks guys, looking forward to some replies...
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
Re: By the way...Which one's Pink?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 09:12:14 PM »
somafm.com has a great station that features only covers. Its just one of the great stations they offer.
HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

SunnyDaze

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 09:29:41 PM »
Zeppelin I and II. Covers.

Ready for Love by Bad Company = Cover. Mott the Hoople did it first, and oh sweet Jesus, is it dirty and delicious.

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 10:50:44 PM »
I agree... But I had to post about how much I like the title of the thread. Very fitting
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.