Author Topic: October 9 will be the next geek meeting!!!  (Read 9881 times)

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
Re: October 9 will be the next geek meeting!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 09:53:07 PM »
On my way now. Pound of bacon and a pound of cheese makes a good start I think. :)

John,

The potato, cheese and bacon soup was fabulous!  It was great to meet you and welcome to the crazy Vintage HiFi Forum and friends!

Tom, another fabulous meeting.  Sorry I had to bug out early, have some family committments.  See you soon!

Regards,

Carl
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 01:33:30 PM by schwarcw »
Carl

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 12:15:38 PM »
Great meeting gang!!  John, you are a cooking madman!!!  THE SOUP WAS INCREDIBLE!  The tube amps mark brought in were insane. 8)
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Offline typethisin

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Rock n' Roll ....and Bacon forever!!!!
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 12:50:14 AM »
Meeting was awesome. I got my first tast of the amazings and they live up to their name. I was in awe that they found a way to power them and get 100db with old school tube amps at 30 watts. In short the Bob is good. The cheese, horseradish,and bacon spread was great. Omg I love bacon. I was impressed with the store, Tom. You and the guys made me understand your love of music and passion for sound. I am so glad I came down for the meeting. My hat is off to all of you. After my first meeting I only want one thing now...more. Thanks again to everyone and I want to send a shout out to those who were not there. I hope to see you in the future. It is wonderfull to find guys who enjoy the splendor of great audio equipment and I am amazed at how some of it can be brought back to its former glory. Tubes are so sexy. They have curves like a woman, sparkle like their eyes, and if you are not careful you can get burned. Definately like some of my ex's...lol. I have a problem now. What am I going to make for the next meeting???hmmm. 
-john- "I'm gonna rock out with my Bacon out!"

Offline non-prophet

• Audio Connoisseur
  • Peace among worlds
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 04:30:53 AM »
John, if you continue your cooking ways...  I will be trading on your name, you bastard!  glad to see you made it down for the meeting.
Duntech PCL-400 (Black Knight), KEF 105/3, Snell Type b
Aloia PST 11.1, Terra Song ss-1, Luxman c-1000, Melos MA333
Llano Phoenix CA-300, White Audio Labs A100, (2) Luxman M4000
McIntosh MA230

BB3

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 02:32:48 PM »
Mark, I just wanted to say thank you for making the effort on bringing all of that tube gear of yours in. WOW!!!

------BILL

BB3

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 02:41:14 PM »
Also, I wanted to give a special thanks to Tom for having that Rage Against The Machine laying around.
I have not listened to Rage for the longest time and hearing it again just "fired me up" all over again........man do I love that music 8) It's just a total explosion of sound. Frickin' Awesome. :P

Thanks Again Tom.--------BILL

Offline Reverend

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 02:50:00 PM »
I have not listened to Rage for the longest time and hearing it again just "fired me up" all over again.......

More then the Top Gun Soundtrack?  I know you love your Kenny Loggins!

BB3

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 04:39:48 PM »
I have not listened to Rage for the longest time and hearing it again just "fired me up" all over again.......

More then the Top Gun Soundtrack?  I know you love your Kenny Loggins!

hahahahaha. Thanks Alot Ryan. You Got Me Again.

Offline typethisin

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Rock n' Roll ....and Bacon forever!!!!
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 06:08:03 PM »
bill,
i'm with ya on top gun. thats one of my all time favorite movies. kenny loggins is great. i have the collectors addition which has a leather jacket over the disc and bonus music videos for the songs including kenny loggins. "i got the need... the need for speed!" oh and rage any day of the week is always fun. their guitarist is awesome and the lead vocals have a distinct driving force. i like them. more power to ya bill.
-john- "I'm gonna rock out with my Bacon out!"