Author Topic: jolida players  (Read 5095 times)

Offline angelod307

• FNG !!!
jolida players
« on: October 28, 2010, 08:35:20 AM »
hey guys. got my jolida dvd and cd players. they came rather quick for such a long trip from china. i have been playing them now and have about twenty or so hours on them. i was doing a a/b comparison to my long loved pioneer cld704 laserdisc player and all i can say is wow. it's like a layer of muddy, bass heavy, colored midrange with an attenuated treble has been lifted. these jolida's are so much more natural sounding that i am at awe. i listened to my pioneer  and compared it to the carver sda-490t and truely,really did not hear any kind of difference. well, that made me kind of weary of getting a new tube player thinking i might just be ordering much of the same. well, that is not the case. best of all, the price is unheard of at 469 and 479 delivered to your door. for those that are in need of a great dvd player in this age of blueray, the 700mkII is great. the only drawbacks that i have, which they at jolida will resolve is that when playing a cd, the output a slight mute/drops for a split second when it changes tracks. the output goes to zero every time the player is turned off, and only is able to be turned up via remote on the tube output section(that is not the case with the digital outputs) everytime. the part that is truely dissapointing is the remote, it is a cheap qeneric type, not at all like the all aluminum one supplied with the 100a or 100se. if those issue's are resolved, i feel that it is a bargian for sure, otherwise i will probably sell the dvd player as i listen to music primarily on it. the dvd part is nice. 5.1 decoder built in, vga output for projectors/monitors, balanced outputs, as well as optical and standard outputs. build quality is rather nice, i think it is more impressive over the 100se for that matter, not that the 100se is a slouch in any case. anyway, the price's are really attractive for such a player with the law suite they have going on with jolida america. they say that they are indeed the original jolida , and that the american distributor is making perfect clones of their products. so with that happening, they are factory direct at the moment with prices at half of the american counterpart. jolida.net is where i went and paid via paypal. just for your consideration guys.

Offline paden501

• Audio Geek!
  • Nobody Home
Re: jolida players
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 09:11:17 AM »
That's great!  I also have a Jolida (JD100A) and LOVE IT.

Congrats on the new purchase!
~Matt
--- My System ---
Front L/R: Polk Audio SDA-1C w/ Modified xovers
Amp: Carver TFM-24
CD: Jolida JD100a
HTR/Pre: B&K Reference 20
Turntable:Pioneer PL-516 W/ Shure M97xe
Surrounds -Polk Audio Monitor 4As

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 09:22:24 AM »
Glad to hear you like them.  I have heard the JD100A and it is a great player.
Got Carver?

Offline Zoot Horn

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 11:50:48 AM »
If you can find em,, try rolling some EI tubes in the output section of the player,,I think that you will be surprised.

Offline angelod307

• FNG !!!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 07:36:54 PM »
yes, i have been looking without any luck. i also got a second jd100se as well. they are nice. i am going to get some other tubes for about 70 a set that jesse said would be nice, but the EI gold are the one's to own.

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 01:35:13 AM »
These are the exact same Ei tubes minus the gold pins and gold lettering.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ECC83-12AX7-VINTAGE-EI-SMOOTH-PLATE-MATCHED-PAIR-/310218612046?pt=UK_Consumer_VintageAudio_RL&hash=item483a785d4e

The seller is solid and the tubes are priced right.

'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline angelod307

• FNG !!!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 04:14:55 PM »
These are the exact same Ei tubes minus the gold pins and gold lettering.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ECC83-12AX7-VINTAGE-EI-SMOOTH-PLATE-MATCHED-PAIR-/310218612046?pt=UK_Consumer_VintageAudio_RL&hash=item483a785d4e

The seller is solid and the tubes are priced right.

done as well.