Author Topic: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?  (Read 708156 times)

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?
« Reply #2640 on: March 09, 2016, 02:12:50 PM »
I'm in my store often enough that they will put back things for me a couple of days in advance.   Tomorrow I'll do my shopping through Sunday, then just get in line each other day.

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #2641 on: March 09, 2016, 05:02:23 PM »
No didn't clean out HPB in Bethel... just the two.   But I did end up going to Jerry's today.... a couple of Canned Heat, Stevie Ray Vaughan & DT   Live, Hiroshima "GO" promo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! been looking for that for quite a while.... and an Eric Burdon.... Nice haul!  His prices and selection always make it worth the drive.... FYI  someone will be taking over the business at year end.
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #2642 on: March 09, 2016, 06:15:32 PM »
Where do you get the coupons? I can't really go to hpb though if they're crowded. I went about 6 weeks ago and bought 5-6 sealed albums. Then I bought about 25 from the $1 bins. Didn't check them there as I wasn't able to stand there any longer. I figured for a buck each I'm not risking much. So far I've only been able to listen to 6 and only one needs to be tossed. That's not bad as the other ones sounded really good. Hoping to start listening to the rest of them this evening.

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #2643 on: March 09, 2016, 06:39:08 PM »
Where do you get the coupons?
http://pages.hpbdirect.com/page.aspx?QS=5c591a8916642e73d04924fca39cce52cde9387d21f37e15

No didn't clean out HPB in Bethel... just the two.   But I did end up going to Jerry's today.... a couple of Canned Heat, Stevie Ray Vaughan & DT   Live, Hiroshima "GO" promo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! been looking for that for quite a while.... and an Eric Burdon.... Nice haul!  His prices and selection always make it worth the drive.... FYI  someone will be taking over the business at year end.

I was down there last week. I do not know this for a fact, but just my observations and overhearing things. He's fighting diabetes, to what extent I don't know. I talked to him a few minutes about his big 45 sale, he alluded to "now wanting to do this anymore", "it's a buyers market and I'm getting beat up". He's also been looking a little more hobbled and frail each time I go in. Nothing lasts forever, but man it just won't be the same without him. Who's going to give me my couple buck discount???

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #2644 on: March 09, 2016, 06:44:35 PM »
Thanks for the link.  I just enrolled.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #2645 on: March 10, 2016, 12:08:12 AM »

What are they getting at Jerry's for clean SRV?   Seems I never see any.   The only one I own at the moment is "Soul to Soul", but I'd love to have more.   As always with in demand stuff, timing is everything.   If you hadn't bought it today, someone else would have.

Someone is taking over Jerry's!?!   Is it his son?

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #2646 on: March 11, 2016, 06:55:49 PM »
Neko Case - Blacklisted; on purple vinyl.   Today's HPB coupon score.

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #2647 on: March 11, 2016, 07:36:44 PM »

What are they getting at Jerry's for clean SRV?   Seems I never see any.   The only one I own at the moment is "Soul to Soul", but I'd love to have more.   As always with in demand stuff, timing is everything.   If you hadn't bought it today, someone else would have.

Someone is taking over Jerry's!?!   Is it his son?

I bought Couldn't Stand the Weather down there for $6. My wife got me the Texas Hurricane box for Xmas. I've got regular g/vg Soul to Soul and Couldn't Stand the Weather, VG+ Texas Flood reissue and In Step I've been meaning to list.

Jerry had a quote about his son I overheard, not sure the whole context. Wasn't positive and alluded to he would not be a candidate for taking over. I just hope someone like Dave's Music Mine doesn't get a hold of it. It's my opinion that guy shouldn't own a music store as much as I shouldn't own a poetry store.

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #2648 on: March 11, 2016, 09:12:01 PM »
I'll take any of your SRV that are in VG+ or better condition. I asked Santa for that SRV box set but got a stupid reciprocating saw instead :-(

No, not his son... he needs cash and is having some health problems. I don't think he has anyone lined up yet. But check out his web site,  he's selling 750,000 45s for $75K    I think his rent is high... he claims he can work 2 days a week at a flea market and make more money.  He has another whole warehouse full of albums somewhere.
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #2649 on: March 12, 2016, 12:02:22 AM »

I bought Couldn't Stand the Weather down there for $6. My wife got me the Texas Hurricane box for Xmas. I've got regular g/vg Soul to Soul and Couldn't Stand the Weather, VG+ Texas Flood reissue and In Step I've been meaning to list.

Great price on that one.   Why are you buying used copies if you have the Hurricane box?   If you decide to pair those down, I'd like a crack at em if the price is right.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #2650 on: March 12, 2016, 12:04:41 AM »
The only one I own at the moment is "Soul to Soul", but I'd love to have more.   

I'll take any of your SRV that are in VG+ or better condition. I asked Santa for that SRV box set but got a stupid reciprocating saw instead :-(

Does my post count as dibs?

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #2651 on: March 12, 2016, 11:25:48 AM »
I had most of the SRV before she surprised me with the box. While that box is expensive it's worth every red cent. Give me a day or so to pull them out and see what's what.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #2652 on: March 12, 2016, 12:22:10 PM »
I notice you didn't direct that to anyone in particular.   I'm willing to share. :-*

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #2653 on: March 12, 2016, 02:48:28 PM »
I notice you didn't direct that to anyone in particular.   I'm willing to share. :-*

I have to say STaL is great at sharing as are others.

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #2654 on: March 12, 2016, 04:14:00 PM »
Not to change the subject but listening to

'Australia"
Arthur  -  The Kinks

Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers