Author Topic: HRT iStreamer - the cheapest way to an audiophile signal from iPod to a Stereo  (Read 2247 times)

bmwr75

Just received my HRT iStreamer today. Read more about it here:

http://www.highresolutiontechnologies.com/istreamer/

This thing is the bee's knees. For $200 it extracts a digital signal from the line out plug on the bottom of your iPod Classic, iPad, or iTouch via the supplied cable and feeds it to the iStreamer, which is a DAC. Also charges you idevice too. This thing is purpose built to work with aforementioned Apple devices. If your store your song files in a lossless format on your Apple device, the resulting fidelity is amazing.

In comparison:

Wadia 170 iTransport is $379, but doesn't include a DAC.

Onkyo ND-S1 Transport Dock is $264, but doesn't include a DAC. And, good luck finding one in the U.S.

I am not aware of a comparable, more affordable way to get hi-fidelity music out of an iPod and feed it into you 2-channel system.

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
Nifty
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
Hmm reminds me of an old thread... oh here it is:

Even though I don't have an i*, I was curious about alternatives to the wadia.
After a few minutes of searching, I came up with this...

This one has promise:

Pure I-20 $99

Heres some other things I found:

HRT iStreamer $199 (Ok, this one is a DAC, it has analog only out but HRT is good stuff)
Onkyo ND-S1 $250 I don't think its available in the US
Cycpherlabs AlgoRhythm Solo $580 This one is wayy out there

Also, If you have any SONOS devices, they offer the WD100 that integrates with their system.
HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

bmwr75

Wow!!

Maybe the iStreamer is not the cheapest way.  The Pure i-20 is 1/2 the price and does more.  Wonder how it sounds?

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
If iwere an I* user, I would certainly take a gamble on it.
I must say it seems too good to be true

I read that some were questioning whether it was a true digital output instead using an adc to provide the digital output.  I found no confirmation on that though.
HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable