Author Topic: The best craigslist e-mail coversation ever.  (Read 3182 times)

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
The best craigslist e-mail coversation ever.
« on: February 17, 2011, 02:48:00 PM »
This is spawned from my ad to trade my Focal speakers. The interested party calls himself Jbug. Enjoy...

Jbug: I have a new pair of Klipsch RF62 II towers, I recently pay $1000 for them.  I will trade you these for your speakers and a $100, you need to deliver them since I dont have a car.  My speakers are perfect.  Whats wrong with yours?  If you want to trade I will hit you up with my cell number.  JBug

Me: There's nothing wrong with my speakers. I might be interested in the trade, but I'd need about $300 on top of the klipsches. The Focals are in a whole other league of speakers. They cost $2500 new and according to audioreview.com they retailed for $3999. The klipsches are going for around $900 currently on crutchfield. The last pair of cobalt 826's that sold went for $1100.
Let me know,
Ed

Jbug: No man, I wanted the $100 and delivery.  My speakers are brand new for real.  Yours are older, no way you paid $4000 for them.  Just give me the $100 and your speakers and we can deal.  Your is older, mine are brand new months old serious.  I got the boxes and papers.  I gots a 5 year waranty, what kind of waranty yours got?  I will throw in a $23 gift card to best buy.You want my number, we dealing now.  JBug

Me: Sorry, I'll have to pass on that one.

JBug:What playa, I just thought we were gettin down to the nitty gritty, those speaks would look tight next to my 52" plazma.  What will it take, I kinda need that $100.  Even trade, I keep thebest buy gift card.  JBug

Me: Hahaha. Are you serious? No deal man. I'm not interested in the Klipsches.

JBug: Why you laughing?  My baby mama wants them and she get want she wants.  My check dont come in til next month.  My speaks and some rims five spoke crome16s look good on a camry, my boy 2tone can set you up with some tires for $100.  and the best buy gift card, you gots to deliver them tho.  My girl is gonna kill me if I mess this up.  help a brotha out JBug

Me: HAHHAH!!! You've gotta be messing with me! who is this? I'm hoping this is a joke, cause you've got me cracking up. If this isn't a joke, I'm sorry for your situation, but this e-mail chain is definitely going to the best of craigslist!!
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
Re: The best craigslist e-mail coversation ever.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 03:07:55 PM »
Come on Ed, help that brotha out!!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D

Someone is smoking some serious crack...

bmwr75

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 03:27:54 PM »
Sounds like your buddy SHEEVS yanking your chain to me.

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 03:33:49 PM »
Sounds like your buddy SHEEVS yanking your chain to me.

That's kinda what I was thinking.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • Ready For Intervention!
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 05:00:23 PM »
Very funny!  :) :) :) :) :)

Sheevs is banned!
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 06:14:30 PM »
What my baby mama want, my baby mama GITS!!!!!... :P :P :P...OH sh$t...don't ban Sheeves  :o :o :o...breaker breaker for the Sheeves man.....
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 03:40:31 PM »
The final response:

No man, i promised those to my girl. She gonna be coming back from the store.  I will get the treads put the those rims. Need any appliances?  I gots a old scool tecnics turntable.  Some bumping cerwin vega speakers.  I cant get that cash til the 2nd, i can write you a check but you cant cash it til next month. serious what you want? JBug