Author Topic: McIntosh (by Fisher)  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
McIntosh (by Fisher)
« on: May 15, 2011, 05:09:55 PM »
So I went to a guy's house today to pick up a nice pair of McIntosh speakers (actually spelled Macintosh) for $70. On the phone he told me he was given an entire Mcintosh system and he was getting rid of the speakers because he had a pair of Infinities he liked better. When I get there and have a look at the speakers and read in 2" tall letters "Fisher" on the back, I inform the gentleman who claims to be a gypsy, that they were not McIntosh, they were Fisher and he would not be able to pay me to take them. After he apologizes for the mistake we walk inside to show me the McIntosh gear that he blew up because the Infinities just sucked too much power. I proceed to infirm him that his equipment was again, not McIntosh, but fisher... And bear in mind this is not the nice tube fisher stuff, but junky sears all in one sets.
On to his "Infinitys."
They were Dynalabs. You know; The ones sold from the back of a white van. I didn't have the heart to tell him, although he did go on to tell me with a grin and a wink that they "fell off the truck" and he only paid $400 for the pair. Poor guy.

Anyway, Tom, I gave him the address and # to the shop to pick up a new receiver.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

bmwr75

Re: McIntosh (by Fisher)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 05:58:48 PM »
There is one born every day.

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 07:46:38 PM »
Poor fellow.... :(
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 02:09:49 PM »
What a sad story.  He is better off starting over from scratch.
Got Carver?