Author Topic: Silver Pioneer SPEC Score  (Read 5589 times)

OldiesButGoodies

Silver Pioneer SPEC Score
« on: June 08, 2011, 12:39:04 PM »
Scored a CT-F1250, two CT-F1000s, a CT-F900, a brand new spare RMX-050 motor, and a minty Pioneer SG-9500 eq.  Now on to ordering new belt its for all and let the fun begin (well, not for the eq, that needs nothing).
 :P :P :P :P :P

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 12:41:59 PM by OldiesButGoodies »

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
Re: Silver Pioneer SPEC Score
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 01:44:53 PM »
Give us the juicy details...

Where did you come across such a find?
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

SunnyDaze

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 01:45:46 PM »
Good deal, Pepe. I'm broke, and they were way up north. I'm glad someone got this stuff.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 01:58:13 PM »
A very nice guy,  name is Dave,  drove down from Seneca PA to my work place (1.5 hrs - bless him) to deliver these.  They look to be in great shape.  The deal I made with him was for the 1250, the two 1000s and the Eq,  but he added the ct-f900 as a bonus and sold me the extra motor for cheap.  So - one of those things - he needed the cash,  I could not get up there, so he was nice enough to drive down. 

Will post details and pics as the restoration work unfolds.   I plan to do the re-belting myself and bother Anders and Tom when the crap hits the wall. 

SD:  Note that I placed of all these on the basement floor, well away from my upstairs listening room.  If the Sony double-decker learns that there is an invasion of Pioneer decks in the house it may get scared and suffer a nervous breakdown.

OBG

SunnyDaze

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 02:08:25 PM »
Haha... I don't think the Sony will mind. Better learn it's place now than later.

Too bad you can't put Dolby S on that 1250.

Let us know how the re-belting goes. I'm about to dig into my TEAC R2R and see what's what.

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 02:35:43 PM »
Those look cool!
Got Carver?

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 03:47:13 PM »
Great score O.B.G.  !!!!    I really miss my Pioneer collection!    Those tape decks always looked so much better then the competitions.    Still don't know which I liked better, the Flouroscan or analog meters...  Both look great.

I did recently come across an Akai GXC-725D cassette deck which looks positively mint, with all original paperwork, manual, service manual, receipt.  It has glass ferrite heads, 3 motors, all kinds of cool stuff.   I might just have it rebuilt cause it looks so cool.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 04:03:37 PM »
Not sure if you all remember that I had a 1250 for a while, also in minty shape but with a bad motor.  Tom and I searched for a replacement motor all over,  to no avail.  I eventually sold it to someone else in the forum, who repaired it somehow.  Now I buy this lot of decks and the guy throws in a brand new spare motor, completely unexpected.  I am not complaining - they are hard to find used, much more so new (he bought it ten years ago, had it in storage along with the decks all this time).

SunnyDaze

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 04:06:47 PM »
When it rains, it pours.

Can that 900 do metal tape, Pepe? That's what deterred me from buying a 1000. Well, that and the fact that I'm a broke ass.

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 04:15:18 PM »
CASSETTE HEAVEN!!!!  8)   8)   8)
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 05:01:02 PM »
Kingman - no kidding. 

SD - no,  the ct-f900 was quickly replaced by the 950, which could record metal tapes.  The CT-F900 can  play metal, but lacks the high bias setting to record on it.  Still, it is a bad ass deck with 3 heads and (as I read) very good sound.  The deck for you is a re-belted ct-f1250, and hey what do you know,  I may have one ready for you shortly...  surrender a nice set of cans and some cash!!

Pepe

SunnyDaze

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 05:07:20 PM »
Haha, I knew this was coming.

Honestly Pepe, I'm not ready to part with any of the cans just yet. I know the 1250 is a monster, but my HK does me just fine for right now. That picture I just posted in the chat box is how my system is going to stay for a while. I just can't be spending cash on gear unless an exceptionally phenomenal deal pops up.

Keep us posted on how these machines turn out, they look beautiful!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 05:35:19 PM by OCCD »

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • Ready For Intervention!
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 05:35:42 PM »
Nice score!!!
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Anders

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 12:17:08 AM »
I'd like to have one of those high end Pioneer cassette decks with the fluorescent displays to match my RT-909.
I only have a CT-F500 right now.

Anders

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 06:07:36 AM »
Either the CT-F900 (good but not high end) or the CT-F1250 will do you well.  If you decide you are interested in either one let me know - comes with a complete belt kit (and install instructions).