Author Topic: HELP!!! With speaker repair please!!  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
HELP!!! With speaker repair please!!
« on: June 26, 2011, 11:47:47 PM »
  O.k. here is the scoop.   I recently got a pair of rare Sony SS-TL5 speakers from Ed.  (thank you Ed)
I really do like them!!   Problem is this,  My Harman Kardon Citation twelve went crazy a spit out some DC through the left ch. and took out the rear firing sub-woofer in the Sony speaker.  The right  ch. and speaker are fine.   I don't really care about the amp, as I can rebuild it.  The woofer on the other hand, I can not find a replacement.   I have heard that there is computer programs that can measure the parameters of the good woofer.  So, does anyone have any information on this program?  Does anyone have this, and able to check my woofer out?  This way I can purchase a pair of woofers suited for this cabinet.  Since it is a transmission line cabinet seems a little tricky to just start throwing woofers in there based on cubic feet of the cabinet, which I can not get an accurate measurement.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • Ready For Intervention!
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
Re: HELP!!! With speaker repair please!!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 01:37:19 PM »
Send off the bad one to parts express for a recone.
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Offline rgpit

• MAD Scientist
    • My Music Collection
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 08:34:45 PM »
Hi Mike,

I have a woofer tester that can measure the driver's Thiel Small parameters. I will need the good woofer to make the measurements. PM me and we can figure out the best way to work out the details.

Ron
Pioneer PLX-1000, Nagaoka MP-150, Tascam CD200, microRendu, Sonictransporter I5, Benchmark DAC2HGC & AHB2, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3s, Analog Research Velluto, minidsp 2X4HD, SB Acoustics DIY subs, Sony HDR-F1HD, Alesis ML9600

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 08:50:09 PM »
did not know Parts Express could do that - they can rebuild the motor driving the cone after a DC meltdown?   

Offline Planarguy

• FNG !!!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 01:16:44 AM »
Or    call Sony for an exact replacement. It can't be too expensive.